Alesis I/O 26 VS. Multimix 16 firewire.

I think so. What sucks about the Multimix is that it is NOT a MIDI controller, meaning you can't use the faders to control software. Also, the IO 26 has MIDI in/out, s/pdif, and two ADAT lightpipe inputs, allowing you to upgrade to more (and better quality) mic pre's later on.

A friend just asked me my opinion. Actually he pointed to the Multimix first. I recommended the I/O 26.

My recommend is better right?

I have the I/O 14 which is exactly the same as I/O 26 but less ins and outs. I have had some problems with it, it works great with asio applications but it sucks for everything else, movies and stuff don't have sound for 10 seconds when you put them on, and as soon as you do something graphically the sound dissapears for 10 seconds or so. When I say graphically I mean like change the window, or reduce it in size or something like that. I wouldn't recommend that card to anyone. Also I've send some mails to alesis about it and they have not replied.

i got an imac and the io 26 rocks. im gonna buy another one and diasy chain them together.