Alestorm - Back Through Time

Power_Metal_Dom

Epic Metaller
Aug 8, 2006
Frankfurt, Germany
cover.jpg

Not to shiver the timbers of the not-folk-metal-inclined :p but here's the recently announced album art, tracklist and release date:

Greetings ya gobshites!

The new Alestorm album BACK THROUGH TIME will be released on June 3rd ( June 14th in North America) by Napalm Records! Are you ready to have your faces melted off? It will be available in Jewelcase, Digipak, Vinyl, and Epic Special Edition formats! Check out the orgasmic artwork:

Yes, that is a rat on a snowboard. Here's the final tracklisting that's gonna appear on the record:

01. Back Through Time
02. Shipwrecked
03. The Sunk'n Norwegian
04. Midget Saw
05. Buckfast Powersmash
06. Scraping the Barrel
07. Rum
08. Swashbuckled
09. Rumpelkombo
10. Barrett's Privateers
11. Death Throes of the Terrorsquid

And of course, there will be bonus tracks on all the limited edition formats. Here they are:

12. I am a Cider Drinker
13. You are a Pirate

For those who don't know, "I am a Cider Drinker" is a cover of a song by The Wurzels, an english Scrumpy n' Western band. I think it was a big pop hit in the 70's, teaching children about the joys of alcohol abuse. We've metalled it up just for a wee laugh. And of course "You are a Pirate"... well... the less said about that the better :p.

Remember, check out ALESTORM.NET for more info!

Awesome stuff!

I also love the names of the bonus tracks, haha. I have a good idea of what You Are A Pirate is a cover of, though... oh nooo :lol:

Chris, you do realize that the You Are A Pirate cover is going to become just as insanely popular as the Wolves of the Sea cover, and after a few more albums your entire setlist is going to consist of "absurdly crappy songs about pirates made fucking awesome by Alestorm?" :)

I'm still waiting for your "Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" version. :D

"Midget Saw"... intriguing... "Death Throes of the Terrorsquid"... creative... LAZY TOWN?

Seriously, I can't tell you how happy that makes me. Prepare to hear that one in my car a lot.

Lol Dom!

Anyways badass artwork and hilarious songtitles:D

Will be a limited edition for me!