Alex Skolinick News

ALEX SKOLNICK TRIO To Embark On US Tour In Late Summer - June 6, 2002

New York's ALEX SKOLNICK TRIO, led by former TESTAMENT/SAVATAGE guitarist Alex Skolnick, will embark on the first of several tours in support of their album, Goodbye To Romance: Standards For A New Generation in late August/early September. According to Skolnick, "this has been the subject of much planning and organizing which continues as we speak. We are really looking forward to touring. I've often felt that no matter how much you enjoy an album, music is meant to be experienced live, and can't wait to bring the music of this album into new live situations.

"We will have confirmed dates within the next several weeks or so. For September, we're concentrating on the major cities of the East Coast. In October, we're looking at the West Coast. In November/December, I'll most likely be with [TRANS SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA], so the TRIO tour will resume in January. We'll probably hit the South and Southwest in February and March."

Released in early March, Goodbye To Romance: Standards For A New Generation consists of classic hard rock tunes from the '70s and '80s rearranged "with rich harmonies and pulsating grooves of swing, funk and Latin" in what is truly an unprecedented mix of metal and jazz. Among the cuts featured on the CD are versions of KISS' "Detroit Rock City", AEROSMITH's "Dream On" and THE SCORPIONS' "No One Like You".

From BLABBERMOUTH

I've heard his version of War Pigs and a Kiss song and they are good if a little different. he made a Kiss song sound good he must be doing something right

From BLABBERMOUTH:

Live Dates Announced - Apr. 7, 2003

THE SKOL TRIO, the band led by former TESTAMENT/SAVATAGE axeman Alex Skolnick, have lined up the following appearances during May/June:

May 29 - LaGrange, KY @ Twice-Told Cafe
May 30 - Milwaukee, WI @ Vnuk's
May 31 - Chicago, IL @ Gunther Murphy's
Jun. 01 - Detroit, MI @ Motor City Guitar
Jun. 03 - Cleveland, OH @ Night town

THE SKOL TRIO are also playing free shows at the Knitting Factory (74 Leonard Street) in New York City at 9:00 p.m. on Sunday nights through this month. The group are touring in support of their latest CD, "Goodbye To Romance: Standards For A New Generation", which consists of classic hard rock tunes from the '70s and '80s rearranged "with rich harmonies and pulsating grooves of swing, funk and Latin" in what is truly an unprecedented mix of metal and jazz. Among the cuts featured on the CD are versions of KISS' "Detroit Rock City", AEROSMITH's "Dream On" and THE SCORPIONS' "No One Like You".

Reverand Joint Smoker said:
I remember taking the new order in to my guitar teacher when I ws a young punk. He was like "Oh my!" LOL !:OMG: I'm going to the Motor cCity Guitar deal.
:wave: I haven't been to this board in sometime so HELLO everyone. I recently got to see Alex perform in Lexington and all I can say is if you miss this show you gonna be sorry! If you are an old school Testament fan this is a MUST! Alex can still rip and shread on guitar. He has grown so much as a musician. I'm glad to see all the good feedback on this board. One last thing..... there are a couple of dates missing from the previous post by the TL Master that were added probably afterwards..... so here's the link to check and see if the Trio will be in your area. http://www.alexskolnick.com/1_tour_dates_shows.html
I'll see you there in Cincinnati and LaGrange! :hotjump:

The Countess

Alex Skolnick Trio

Alex Skolnick-guitars
John Graham Davis-double bass
Matt Zebroski- drums

FRIDAY - 5/23
New York, NY: DETOUR

349 E. 13th St. NYC
Phone: 212-533-6212
Showtime: 10pm- 1am Free!

SUNDAY 5-25