Alex Skolnick opening for Exodus?

Vic Rattlehead

Bonded By Blood
Jun 15, 2003
Chicago
Visit site
I would be very surprised if that happened. At the guitar revolution show in Santa Ana I asked him if he still listened to any metal and he said it was infrequent at best. Although I did recently see a track of him on stage with the Iron Maidens playing The Trooper, so you can always hope =).

woah! Thats not possible! Alex is not into metal anymore. I've asked him a couple of times and his response has always been that he is a bit out of the loop. It would be cool if he got his trio on stage with Exodus, but Jazz and metal? hmm...and plus no details on his website. Generally Alex informs such news on his forum.

New kind of jazz...JAZZODUS???:headbang:

Heathen said:
woah! Thats not possible! Alex is not into metal anymore. I've asked him a couple of times and his response has always been that he is a bit out of the loop. It would be cool if he got his trio on stage with Exodus, but Jazz and metal? hmm...and plus no details on his website. Generally Alex informs such news on his forum.

Ultimate_Symphony said:
Sounds good, but I highly doubt it. What is he going to play, anyway?
Well, when I saw him last September touring with C. Poland and M. Friedman, he played with a drummer and a bass fiddler and belted out his jazz renditions of songs like Highway Star, Detroit Rock City, and others than I can't recall now...

Sure, no resemblance to metal, but it was still cool to see an exceptional guitarist. Admittedly, I need at least two more 40 oz'ers than normal to be able to sit thought it all, cause when I go out, I want THRASH, but seeing how it doesn't happen every day...:erk: