Alexander back in publicity

good to know, that fuck should come back to COB already since alexi took it too hard

FallingDownInRuins said:
that fuck should come back to COB already since alexi took it too hard

what the fuck do you know about it?

you don't even know what happened and why he left.

Just shut the fuck up.

COBHC Webmaster said:
He likes it.
im not trying to bring a negative point to this..but what friend would tell their friends and ex band mates that their new album is shit! so it could be a white lie or it could be the truth..only he knows for sure. and dont give me this he wouldnt lie to me bullshit because everyone lies, i dont believe for a second that no one doesnt lie.

Don't ever think Ale made COB any better than now. Roope is a better player than him and Alexi still writes (and always has) the music. Are You Dead Yet? would have been the same even if Ale was on it. I don't know why everyone's always like OMGALE when all he ever did was the generic rhythm playing. He was a seemingly cool chap, and definately piratey, but people tend to be like ZOMGALEMADECOBGOOD and that's wrong.

spirit crusher said:
im not trying to bring a negative point to this..but what friend would tell their friends and ex band mates that their new album is shit! so it could be a white lie or it could be the truth..only he knows for sure. and dont give me this he wouldnt lie to me bullshit because everyone lies, i dont believe for a second that no one doesnt lie.

Valid point but he didn't actually tell it to the band (at least that's not the case i'm talking about or aware of). According to another source, he was more like "caught" listening to AYDY and he admitted that he really likes it.

GhostOfPerdition said:
Don't ever think Ale made COB any better than now. Roope is a better player than him and Alexi still writes (and always has) the music. Are You Dead Yet? would have been the same even if Ale was on it. I don't know why everyone's always like OMGALE when all he ever did was the generic rhythm playing. He was a seemingly cool chap, and definately piratey, but people tend to be like ZOMGALEMADECOBGOOD and that's wrong.

Ale co-wrote Bed Of Razors and Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood (and don't forget the solo in RLIME1!). In addition to that, he always had at least some say in the arrangements like everyone else in the band. Ale might've been the generic rhythm player.. but yeah, it's just that he was one of THE five guys. I've got the picture he really is a super cool and funny dude.

Roope on the other hand brought more musical elements to the band many probably haven't noticed or realized. First of all, Alexi has said that it's really great to have Roope as a rhythm player because he can just tell him to play whatever he wants without having to worry if he can pull it off perfectly live each and every time. I'm assuming this wasn't the case with Alexander. Maybe AYDY? would've sounded notably different also because of this, not only because of the arrangements (and of course Roope's solo in IYWP and the fact that he co-wrote Bastards). Also, if you listen closely on gigs or to bootlegs, you'll notice that Roope has added TONS of great licks into the songs. There's a few cool ones in for instance ADK and Lake Bodom but my personal favorite is the one that he plays after the first chorus of ETID.

Personally, I enjoyed watching Alexander more on stage as he was and will always be one of the original Children but Roope's amazingly solid live playing with all the great additional licks&tricks is always an eargasm for me.