"Alexi likes Static-X"

Day_Before_Dawn said:
The problem isn't necessarily that their style is changing. The problem is that their style changing is in effect reducing the quality of Bodom's material.
I totally agree with your point that bands need to change in order to stay interesting, as you can't expect the guys to be into the same music and influences for 7 years. But they simply aren’t making the transition well.

Death changed their style with Individual Thought Patterns and Symbolic and made that change flawlessly. The quality of the music was the same as the older material (in my opinion better) but brought in different influences.
Bodom are taking a step back with their music, they are losing the sound that got them famous and simply not putting out material up to their standard. If you ask the majority of Bodom fans they will mostly say they enjoy the older stuff more, and there is a reason for that.

I see where you are coming from...but the direction they are heading in isnt as poor as you say, it just reaches out to people who are into stuff thats just plain heavy. For example I am huge Pantera fan and I thought HCDR was just a kickass heavy cd so I dont think the quality of their music has declined I just think that Alexi just wants to kind put out some more Pantera influenced kind of metal. I loved the old stuff just as much as anyone else on here, the first 3 cds were probably some of the best neo classical thrashy music I have ever heard, but you never know there could be some really great just straight up heavy songs on this cd with some really cool leads, we will just have to wait and see.

Besides even if you find the new Bodom cd to be a let down there is still the new Sinergy release coming and I'm sure that should give you a nice dose of some sick songs and guitar work.

BoarDemon said:
I thought Static-X was over...

they're still touring. they're playing here the same day as sounds of the underground. so i gotta try and get out of working at the static x show so i can go to sotu.

Ah yeah, recently Alexi said that really likes the new System Of A Down album. Unbelievable, isn't it? Well, actually I don't give a fuck.

Recently I said I like the new System album, and (except for 'steal this album') also the others...

Boah, Parn is SO going to Nu-Metal...cant believe I once liked him...

Sarcasm yes, but not 'against' SOAD, 'Mezmerize', or the fact that Alexi likes it...

I like the album, seriously....

The question is how Zarok ment his comment...

*confused*

i thought the new Soad album was pretty good too. and that is not my style of music. I like BYOB when he is like," LA lalalalala OOOHHhooohhh!" maybe alexi lieks that part too. but who cares becasue ROOPE ROOLZ!!

yea I thought mezmerize was suprisingly good, I already made up my mind that it was gona be shit before release like a lot of you guys seem to be doing with bodoms new album, I have my fears that it might not be good, but I've learnt to wait until it actually comes out these days...