Algy Ward left Tank.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
From Blabbermouth:

The legendary British power metal mercenaries TANK have re-grouped and are ready for battle once more. The release of the "Dogs of War" boxed set last year on Metal Mind Productions was a great success, which led to the inevitable re-release of the entire back catalog. This has proven very popular with the band's die-hard fans and helped to amass a new army of young devotees worldwide. TANK is very much in demand on the live front after being absent from the touring circuit for several years. With an unmistakable attitude and energy to its trademark sound, TANK now has a new all-star line-up fully equipped to crush everything in its path. Joining Mick Tucker and Cliff Evans on guitar will be original TANK drummer Mark Brabbs alongside two new recruits — ex-RAINBOW/YNGWIE MALMSTEEN frontman Doogie White and ex-BRUCE DICKINSON bassist Chris Dale. Unfortunately, original TANK vocalist/bassist Algy Ward has decided to retire from active service and will concentrate his efforts on writing his autobiography.

Damn, to me Tank without Algy is NOT Tank, and also I wonder what happened to Bruce Bisland (the drummer). On the other hand I like Doogie vocals, so I think it worth to give it a chance and listen to the product.

Damn, to me Tank without Algy is NOT Tank, and also I wonder what happened to Bruce Bisland (the drummer). On the other hand I like Doogie vocals, so I think it worth to give it a chance and listen to the product.
That's not the best news.:erk: Because Algy was so "in your face" its gonna be hard to take TANK without him but as this is another band I havent kept up with it will be a while before it affects me!

I would be interested in reading his autobiography, that would be cool.