ALICE COOPER Featured On New Mask For ARIZONA COYOTES Goalie MIKE SMITH

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Arizona Coyotes goalie Mike Smith will debut his new mask — featuring legendary rocker Alice Cooper — during Thursday night’s throwback game against the Vancouver Canucks.The mask was designed by artist David Arrigo and features a coyote on the front, the old Coyotes logo on the side, and Cooper on the back.Says Arrigo: "With EVERY mask I work on with Smitty, there will be… let's say, some locking of the horns and this piece was no different. "Smitty was looking for a clean break all around, including the backplate. In contrast, I push as much as possible to have something on the mask that have people look twice. He wanted the Coyotes moon logo vs. I was looking for something more entertaining and had a punch. Enter Alice Cooper, rock star, Arizona resident and Coyote fan. "What is more retro than Alice Cooper! "I thought the image of Alice's unique look on the backplate would really make this a conversation piece (not to mention I think it would look cool as heck!). For once I got my way! I think it worked out well."For more information, visit DavidArrigo.com.
arrigoalicecooper.jpg

More...