ALICE COOPER Makes Surprise Speech At Ohio Church

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to Fox 8, legendary rocker Alice Cooper gave a surprise speech at a Northeast Ohio church on Sunday. Cooper and his wife, Sheryl, attended service at the invitation of his friend, Pastor Alistair Begg of Parkside Church in Chagrin Falls. During an intimate conversation from the pulpit, Cooper spoke openly about his darkest demons and his biggest triumphs. "I went as far away from the church as I could and of course I became an alcoholic; I became a drug addict and Sheryl lived through that with me," Cooper said. The 71-year-old Cooper has been outspoken about his religious awakening for quite some time. In a 2018 interview with New York Daily News, he said: "My wife and I are both Christian. My father was a pastor, my grandfather was an evangelist. I grew up in the church, went as far away as I could from it — almost died — and then came back to the church." Although he struggled with alcoholism before embracing religion, Alice said that he doesn't have trouble reconciling his shock-heavy musical persona with his religious beliefs. "There’s nothing in Christianity that says I can’t be a rock star," he said. "People have a very warped view of Christianity. They think it's all very precise and we never do wrong and we're praying all day and we're right-wing. It has nothing to do with that." Cooper reportedly attends church regularly and participates in Bible study.

Continue reading...