Alice in Chains - Black Gives Way To Blue

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
What a comeback record. Absolutely stunning, and one of the most emotionally beautiful records I've ever heard because of the "new life" feel to it. William Duvall does an amazing job and the songwriting is superb. I don't have enough great things to say.

that dude singing for Alice Chains just doesn't fit... its like Fuel finding a cover band singer/ clone to fill those shoes... some guys you just can't do that with. Chains is one, the other band that comes to mind is Journey... how could anyone watch / buy a record of any those bands now and say they are watching that band ... can't do it, well maybe you can but I can't. That would be like Pantera replacing Phil with some dude that sound like him and calling it Pantera.. some bands are what they are because of who they are.

cheers

that dude singing for Alice Chains just doesn't fit...

cheers

Having seen them live earlier this year and now loving the new record..... I didn't think they could've found a better fit. No-one is ever going to replace Layne but Duvall has a superb voice in a similar style to LS and give AIC a real future direction.

BTW - just got the new Metal Hammer and their review says the record is a 10/10!! :headbang:

I am buying it tommorow, I wa lucky enough to catch two of their picks at sydneys soundwave.
Ive heard some tracks and Am very fucken impressed, He wasnt supposed to fill in layne, it was a new beggining for the band.

that dude singing for Alice Chains just doesn't fit... its like Fuel finding a cover band singer/ clone to fill those shoes... some guys you just can't do that with. Chains is one, the other band that comes to mind is Journey... how could anyone watch / buy a record of any those bands now and say they are watching that band ... can't do it, well maybe you can but I can't. That would be like Pantera replacing Phil with some dude that sound like him and calling it Pantera.. some bands are what they are because of who they are.

cheers

tell that to Scott and Charlie, same story!Youre 100% right!