Alice In Chains New Album Clip

Kazrog

Kazrog, Inc.
Mar 6, 2002
California
kazrog.com
Finally, we get to hear a snippet of the music:

[ame]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=52068337[/ame]

Anyone else pumped for this? I've been a fan since "Facelift" first came out. Jerry is still a tone god, on mount Olympus with John Petrucci. :worship:

They are easily one of my top 5 favorite bands ever, and I'm glad that they are back. Their reasons for keeping the band going in spite of the loss of Layne Staley seem honest and straightforward. I got the chance to hang with Sean Kinney for a while at NAMM in 2006, and he is a genuinely humble and funny guy, no "rock star" BS at all.

I`ve heard it few days ago and it was an instant WOW.
I am a huge fan, and this sounds as good as they ever did. I only hope the vocals don`t disappoint.
I don`t expect DuVall to sound like Layne, but if he fits in well with the music (which sounds like it`s gonna kick some major ass), I think we may be in for a treat. :)

... Alice In Chains left a gap on grunge/metal that no band could actually fill. The closest thing that I can think of is Godsmack, but they just have one kickass album (Faceless).

Probably because Godsmack desperately wishes they were Alice In Chains. They started out apparently as an AIC cover band, and even named themselves after an AIC song, and while they probably did a good job on the covers, I think their own material is poopy. All of it. I hate them. :puke:

Alice In Chains... I can't begin to tell how much I love this band. I'm looking at my pair of Sean Kinney sticks I got when I saw them 2 years ago. Can't wait for the new album!

It's not AIC without Layne. Sorry.

Yeah, I have a nagging feeling that I'm not going to like the new singer at all. I hope I'm wrong. I think Jerry should just take up the role of lead vocalist and hire another guitarist if he needs to be helped out. That way I could still accept them as AIC.

I saw them live last night at Soundwave festival. They did really well. I was never the biggest AIC fan, but I was very impressed with DuVall.

I saw them 2-3 years ago and they sounded great to me. It sucks that Layne is no longer with us, but I think they've done a good job at keeping the band going. I like the clip though, has a dark feel to it and sounds heavy :)

i saw them live 2 years ago at the Inland Invasion festival (southern California) and they rocked. I think the new singer sounded amazing live, which is more than i can say for alot of singers these days. and to me (IMHO) he did a really good job of walking the line: staying true to AIC without trying to be Layne. Granted, it was only one show and havent seen them since. But I watched them without expectations or pre-conditions in my head and walked away excited that they were touring and hoping they'd put out an album.

DuVall is an awesome vocalist, very versatile with a huge range. If I could compare him to anyone, it would be Jeff Buckley, but with more aggression and power. Seriously, he is that good.

DuVall is an awesome vocalist, very versatile with a huge range. If I could compare him to anyone, it would be Jeff Buckley, but with more aggression and power. Seriously, he is that good.

Agreed. I've seen him live with AIC and Jerry's solo tour and it seems like he's only getting better too :headbang: