Alice in Chains new album title is about the worst I've ever heard

Ahahahaha! I love it! A stab at how science forces an impass for people who can't combine their faith with scientific fact. Brilliant!

NOT the worst album title of all time.

Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water

So quit your bitching.

Yeah that's definitely up there as one of the worst titles of all time for sure. I'm having a hard time coming up with something worse.

Exactly. I could actually see this being an album title for a band like Gojira for instance.
It's clever, but still a terrible album title, at least for a band like this.

I mean, I'd be a huge hypocrite if I said that aesthetics don't matter in music - but at the same time, I don't see how this title could be bad in terms of aesthetic value in the context of the band. For one thing, "The Devil Put The Dinosaurs Here" does not sound like a metal title to me at all, so I'd be more surprised if if it did come from Gojira.

I've heard better, I've heard worse. I'm not going to get hung up on the title much. The last album proved that they still have it, and barring a dramatic shift in tone, this one will be worth it too.

Fred Durst is a big hairy Chocolate Starfish!!!!

Come on, that album title is actually hilarious. I just dont think many people get it.

See what he did there? In a few years, when someone on this forum says "Holy shit, did you guys ever get the meaning of that album? It's hysterical!"' Jason will post something like "I've been 'getting' that for years but nobody cared." :lol::lol:

How about this quote from the bottom of the article to make you feel old haha

"There's a lot of young people showing up, so that this thing has become a generational band now," he said. "So you've got people, 15, 16, 17 years old, that are coming of their own volition. I mean, they're not being brought there by their parents or anything. They're coming on their own. They're bringing their friends. So that's one thing that's a real sign that perhaps you're onto something."

Can you imagine someone bring their kids to an AIC show against their will?

Fred Durst is a big hairy Chocolate Starfish!!!!

Come on, that album title is actually hilarious. I just dont think many people get it.

Yeah, I thought that reference was pretty obvious!!

Who am I to judge 'obviousness' though. A friend of mine once mentioned the double meaning of Blink 182's album title "Take Off Your Pants and Jacket" and my response was "what double mea--OHHHHHHHHH". Slow sometimes...

Take Off Your Pants and Jacket took me a while too, and when I did get it, people were like "Yeah we don't listen to that shit any more though."

I kinda agree that this AiC title is clever, but doesn't seem to be part of their particular dynamic. I see it more as an indie rock/post rock thing too.