alice in chains.....

lokey

low key
Oct 21, 2002
london
going on from the metallica/g n r thread on the board, i was baffled to see alice in chains billed on that nova fest, i'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge fan, alice mean more to me than any other band, so to have heard no rumours of another get together was just weird.......

a few days later, the news starts rolling out.....

Alice In Chains Re-form » 22 Feb 06

Alice In Chains have announced that they will re-form for a batch of shows this Summer. Guitarist Jerry Cantrell, bassist Mike Inez and drummer Sean Kinney will be joined by an as yet unnamed singer. The band have already confirmed they'll be at the Nova Rock Festival in Austria, which happens from June 15-17.

i wonder now, who this unnammed singer is, my guess is the dude from damageplan, he has sung with them before, and i dont think he has been up to much since dime .........they can never replace layne anyway, but i'd be interested to see who they bring in, i dont see why jerry just doesnt take over full mic duties

it'd be the best to see them again, even with layne gone. saw jerry live a few years ago on the degredation trip tour..., and when he sang some alice, think it was the most emotonal i have ever been at a gig.....truly inspiring stuff........

i agree 100%... if they play here it will be a mix of total joy and total sadness that i watch them, would be a crazy emotional gig....... but i would rather see jerry, mike and sean doing something than lose something very special that they had, granted it will never be the same, but i am sure thats not what they are out to achieve in any sense at all.........

layne helped so many people, no reason why that has to stop no he has gone........

that being said if they just stick some idiot at the front who doesnt get it, then yeah it will stink, but i dont think jerry would do that to the band or to layne..........

Miltbrand said:
Yeah, I guess I would too. 3/4 + a good lead vocal is better than 0/4!
But still...

yeah ....i know :(

still, hope to see the rest of alice in chains in the uk sometime soon tho, will still be anight to remember forever, who knows how many of these they will do.........

COMES WITH THE FALL vocalist/guitarist and member of Jerry Cantrell's touring band William DuVall has been tapped to sing lead vocals with ALICE IN CHAINS at the taping of an episode of VH1 Classic's "Decades Rock Live!", a tribute to HEART that will take place March 10 at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City.

Makes sense for him to stay on. He can do a pretty spot on initation of staley

One of my biggest regrets is not seeing AIC live while Layne was still alive. Every time they toured I'd say I'll catch them next time. Not going to make that mistake again, no matter who is singing.

warparty666 said:
One of my biggest regrets is not seeing AIC live while Layne was still alive. Every time they toured I'd say I'll catch them next time. Not going to make that mistake again, no matter who is singing.
My first concert! Brewtown 1993 Eagles Club! :headbang:

warparty666 said:

Saw em on Clash of the titans--they were good

DeathsHead said:
Saw em on Clash of the titans--they were good
Wow, that was before anybody knew about them! I've read over the years that the Slayer/Megabreath/Anthrax metalhead crowd were not kind to them whatsoever.

Drokk said:
Wow, that was before anybody knew about them! I've read over the years that the Slayer/Megabreath/Anthrax metalhead crowd were not kind to them whatsoever.

that really sucks because they were/are a good band. Granted, you can only sing about drugs and heroin for so long, but it doesnt make the songs less good! I still jam ot them every so often.

they were the greatest

cantrell has been touring with those comes with the fall guys for ages, so i guess it makes sense, havennt heard the guy sing at all tho, i'll defo be there if they come anywhere near this way, i never saw them with layne either, sucks.

i'm glad they're keeping it alive. I don't think it's sad at all. Layne's death yes but them continuing to play great music isn't sad at all. Whoever sings they have to be able to harmonize. thats a major part of Alice is thier awesome eerie harmony.
-Jono-

I would say that is an understatement. At the show in Chicago people booed and threw beer cups at the stage while AIC was playing. Behind them you could see that Slayer was gonna play first so, they were dead ducks. Anthrax played in the middle slot of the 3 and blew Slayer and Megadeth off the stage imo.
Layne Stanley actually told some guy who was screaming between songs "you suck" and giving the finger, that "This last songs for you asshole, because I'm the man in your girlfriends box"