Alittle help with drums needed.

LosingReality

Oct 6, 2007
Columbus GA
Hey guys, i am going to be recording my band tomorrow and theres a problem with the drums.

When they recorded drums, they did them during a practice without a click....with an electronic kit (so drums are in midi). The way they did it was just open a project and just recorded, without changing the tempo of the project. So what im left with is a midi file that plays 180bpm at 120bpm in cubase. Understand that?

Im trying to add a click track to this....or make it so the metronome in cubase will go to 180 without making the midi playing at 180....which will be too fast....basically i need to be able top edit the drums with the right tempo.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Did i explain it ok?

export the MIDI (if it isn't already a MIDI file) and then create a new project, set the tempo to 180, then import the MIDI file. not sure how it goes in cubase, but in reaper, when you import a MIDI file each time it gives you the option to import the tempo map or not. In this case, clearly we would not, and then you'd be all set. Similar options in cubase?

export the MIDI (if it isn't already a MIDI file) and then create a new project, set the tempo to 180, then import the MIDI file. not sure how it goes in cubase, but in reaper, when you import a MIDI file each time it gives you the option to import the tempo map or not. In this case, clearly we would not, and then you'd be all set. Similar options in cubase?

As far as i know, it doesnt give you this option....ill have to go digging! Thanks man!

if you import MIDI in cubase to an open project it will not preserve tempo track, so you can put it whatever you need.