need help syncronizing different tempo tracks in cubase

laszlozsolt82

Feb 5, 2010
Cluj Napoca, Romania
I need help, recently recorded a song which has a few tempo changes 110, 120 155......i created a tempo track for the midi drums in SD 2 in cubase and recorded all the instruments in 24 bit 44,1, but when i recorded the vocals i exported a mixdown from this session and created a separate session for the vocal recording And this time i recorded all the vocals at the standard 120 cubase tempo.
Now i can t syncronize the vocal tracks with the original project........(the vocals are 120 from start to beginning and the another proiect with the instruments got many tempo changes)
Any sugestions?

Dude you did something wrong because I track vocals this way allllllllllll the fuckin time with zero problems. Track instruments to click track, edit, bla bla. New session for vocal tracking, no click being used, just the audio bounced from the instruments session - record vox, consolidate after editing, then open the instrument session and import those wavs - spot on every time.

Different Sample Rate / Bit Rate maybe?

the issue is the vocal tracks are simply not to the click, so I think your first suggestion is what he should do.

To the OP...

I'd think that if you know your songs well enough you'd be able to cut up the vocal tracks and place them correctly...I mean after all you DID track them to the songs, right?

This doesn't seem like a big deal to me?

To make it even easier, you could make stems of both the rough mix and the consolidated vocal tracks to use as a guide. Since they'll both start at the same point, that makes it easy. Slide in the instrument only mix into the original tempo tracked session until it is in unison with the original track. From wherever that rough mix starts, that's exactly where the consolidated vocal track will start...Should you decide to import the seperate vocal takes into the tempo tracked session, just use the rough vocal mix you stemmed as your guide for the seperate vocal takes.