All Deftones Mix

So are you if you don't think White Pony, Diamond Eyes, and the most recent Deftones album aren't fucking solid.

"You've Seen the Butcher" and "Digital Bath" are diesel tracks. Chino's voice is sublime.

I highly doubt he has give those albums full listens with an open mind, he likely is speaking off of short handed experience from single tracks fueled with a "I'm going to dislike this because it's tied to nu-metal" subconscious approach.

Which is weird because, honestly, Deftones and "nu-metal" have nothing to do with one another (not that nu-metal was even a single sound to begin with). But when White Pony landed in the middle of the whole Korn/Bizkit scenario no one knew WTF to make of it. Which is probably why it's still one of my favorite albums.

If you think anything off of Metallica's first four albums, especially And Justice for All... is "mediocre shit music of this world" you are clueless.

Lol, good albums but average at best.

Kreator>Megadeth>Metallica.

So are you if you don't think White Pony, Diamond Eyes, and the most recent Deftones album aren't fucking solid.

"You've Seen the Butcher" and "Digital Bath" are diesel tracks. Chino's voice is sublime.

Chino’s voice sounds like a bunch of cats being slaughtered. He’s terrible. The music is boring and monotonous, border lining on atonal.

Not only have I given the Deftones plenty of listens, I have also seen them live. I see nothing in them whatsoever.

Ive been a fan of them since around the fur. It is a bit of a hit and miss album but 13 year old me got hooked on "my own summer". Then I heard White pony and I was completely sold. I think Chino has a unique voice. As for Metallica I only enjoy maybe half of their music if that. What I do like, I like a lot but I dont get the appeal of their very early stuff that so many people worship (beyond moving the genre forward)

...As for Metallica I only enjoy maybe half of their music if that. What I do like, I like a lot but I dont get the appeal of their very early stuff that so many people worship (beyond moving the genre forward)

I’d largely agree with this. I mean, given their entire discography I only like maybe half of their music too. Their later albums didn’t do much for me and I didn’t like St. Anger at all. Death Magnetic was pretty good but suffered from a subpar production, in particularly the noticeable clipping. As far as the really early material, Kill'em all is solid as hell but the next 3 albums crush it in comparison.

To each his own.

I don't get the occult following of Metallica's first 4 albums.

You can't seem to get past the "cat slaughtering" music that is Deftones.

I'm spent.

Haven't listen to much of their music, but it's not that great. They have a few good songs, but most of their stuff is pretty shitty.