I See You Masturbate!
Sep 26, 2002
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
www.theweb.com.br
THE MIGTHY LOPAN!

bigchina4.jpg

:Spin:

OOOOOOH

Russel's this trucker dude and in the end this monster jumps on his truck or something....can't remember the storyline, Kurt Russel's best movies are the 'Escape from...' movies:

"Hey Plisken..."
"Call me Snake."

"Hey Snake..."
"Call me Plisken..."

"Draw...."

That movie kicks ass.

A lot of video game character/ideas are stolen from Kurt Russell movies.

Mortal Kombat. We all remember this one, right? Think back to the first one that came out on Sega Genesis and SNES. Shang Tsung, the badass in the game is stolen from Lopan. Remember those three dudes in the movie? Remember the lightning dude? Rayden anyone?

Escape from New York.....anybody play Metal Gear Solid? Snake? What about Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty? Snake is undercover in the game so he goes by a different name. Plisken. Snake Plisken?

Theories are great.

SSJ4SephirothX said:
That movie kicks ass.

A lot of video game character/ideas are stolen from Kurt Russell movies.

Mortal Kombat. We all remember this one, right? Think back to the first one that came out on Sega Genesis and SNES. Shang Tsung, the badass in the game is stolen from Lopan. Remember those three dudes in the movie? Remember the lightning dude? Rayden anyone?

That's exactly what I was going to say. When my nephew saw it with me he was saying "Isn't that Raiden from Mortal Kombat?"

I mean it may be a coincidence but that's a big resemblance.

I don't think that it's a coincidence at all. Tobias and Boon (keep in mind that Boon backwards is Noob) are big enough nerds to create characters for their video game based off of a 80's movie. Rayden and the lightning dude in the movie are identical, down to the stupid ass hat. Shang Tsung changed his image over time in the MK games but his image in the first one looks just like Lopan.

MGS and Escape from New York....you don't mix up Snake Plisken with anything. That can't be coincidental. I believe there are lines in the game taken from the movie but the dialog of that game is so enormous and in-depth, I can't remember anything exactly except for this:

I hear it is amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari-kari Rock. I need scissors! 61!