All praise ATIs R420 and 423

hypocrisy86

They All Knew Golgotha...
Feb 20, 2004
Texas
Its gonna have 12 full pipelines (hopefully) not like the NV40 where it just mimics it... meaning then it will perform A+ better than the NV40,if they made the core at least 580mhz they'd compete with the NV40, but regardless,the 420 core will outperform the NV40+... i haven't seen any benchmarkings on it yet...but with memory clocked at 1,000Mhz you can OC it to im guessing 1,045 maybe, i OCed my 5200 Ultra to 680 memory and 380 core not bad but its using the 1st gen cinefx engine :erk:.. i might get the mid stream new card from ati, its gonna have 800mhz memory clock...
just wanted to info up yall who dont know that much,

I seem to think that ATI will stomp nVidia... they've been doing so pretty regularly for some time now.

That and the fact that ATI has a step up on nVidia, having offered a true DX9 chipset that's actually been in the market for some time now, I think they have a better grasp on what actually needs enhancement. Guess we won't see for a few more weeks, even though currently nVidia does seem to have marginally better screenshot quality, the ATI has much faster in game performance.

I'm wondering how the NV40 will handle full scene AA and Ansio with large texture bump mapping, personally. :lol: