All That Remains...

cfh11

Apr 25, 2012
Boston, MA
...wtf happened to these guys?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2cRj9Z96PQ&feature=kp[/ame]

bonus douchechill quote from blabbermouth:

"According to The Pulse Of Radio, Massachusetts metallers ALL THAT REMAINS have a huge single with "What If I Was Nothing", which is currently No. 2 on the Active Rock chart. The song is very different for the group and singer Phil LaBonte told The Pulse Of Radio that not everyone in the band was on board with it at first. "There was definitely conflict in the beginning," he said. "There are people that come from, you know, a school of thought that like this is what you're supposed to do and that's what you do. But you either play inside the safe zone or you really push the envelope, and pushing the envelope is a risk. That's the thing about trying new stuff — you're not gonna know when it's gonna, you know, strike a chord with people. You have no idea."

really??? THIS is "pushing the envelope" and not playing "inside the safe zone"???!!!!!!!! this is what literally every pop/radio production sounds like. good for them for selling over 100,000 units but goddamn does this song suck. i actually used to like these guys...

Jesus christ. They were actually the first band I ever saw live when I was 14 or something, and This Darkened Heart was a pretty sweet album. This just sounds like Nickelback.

Was such a huge fan of this band when This Darkened Heart and Fall of Ideals was out. Then Overcome came along and shook my faith in them, For We Are Many killed it, and the latest turd completely buried it. This song is horrid.

Face.png

WHHHAAAT IIIFF II WASSS AUUTTTOOOO, WHHATTT IFFF III WASSSS TUUUUUUNNNNEEEEDDD
WHATTT IIIFF III WASSS FLLAATTT ASSSSS HELLL, ANTARES YOU'RE MY GIRL
I'M NOTHING WITHOUT OUT YOU

Really dont know why they went that way, because clearly the singer cant pull that shit live. His live performances with clean vocals are terrible.

I'm surprised I made it that far, but wtf is that high vocal part in the last chorus?

Pushing the envelope. lol.

Nothing's wrong if the guys want to get more attention with a pop song, but have the balls to admit it.

Yeah, that's pushing the envelope. In bizarro world. That song sounds like literally every other band on my local modern rock station.

The 12-year-old who looks like Wednesday from the Addams Family, or the one with the horrific pixie haircut?

Pixie. I LOVE pixie cuts. And undercut/pixies. I may or may not shop at Urban Outfitters. Fight me.

Just for the record, I do NOT shop at UO. But now that I think about it, the girls I'm into probably do. Off to UO...

Pixie. I LOVE pixie cuts. And undercut/pixies. I may or may not shop at Urban Outfitters. Fight me.

Just for the record, I do NOT shop at UO. But now that I think about it, the girls I'm into probably do. Off to UO...

If she grew that into a short bob I'd be making her sign marriage papers faster than you could get to her. SCHA-WING!

Song is a pile of average though.

Tilted head, hunched over, a little behind him, still taller. Phil is a manlet. We high. 2008. A few days before I turned 17. Don't know why my brother was wearing that sweater. DYEL fggt?
260fpuc.jpg

Size of his throat tho... what is it about these metal lead vocalists that they all look like they've been whole digesting rolled up carpets?