All that work finally pays off!!!

Thanks so much, guys! It was tough keeping a lid on this, but I wanted to make sure Yannick was cool with it before I started blabbing about it :)

The guitar playing is absolutely sick. They are so tight & it made it easy to get a great tone out of them. Can't wait to see the finished product.

-0z-

Congrats !

Though i find it a bit weird to reamp guitar tracks for a LIVE dvd.

It cannot be compared with artists doing overdubs in the studio during post-production since they can't stand the mistakes they've done during their performance (i hate this), but still when i think of a live album i think of "how it sounded during that specific gig".

It would be fun to hear the differences between the clean guitar tracks for one song in the studio while recording the album VS the ones from the live performance. (Of course it would be easier to compare directly if the band dual-tracked instead of quadtracked during the album recording). Differences in terms of tightness and flawlessness i mean, even if live you don't play the exact same stuff than on the album.

Congrats !

Though i find it a bit weird to reamp guitar tracks for a LIVE dvd.

It cannot be compared with artists doing overdubs in the studio during post-production since they can't stand the mistakes they've done during their performance (i hate this), but still when i think of a live album i think of "how it sounded during that specific gig".

It would be fun to hear the differences between the clean guitar tracks for one song in the studio VS the ones from the live performance.

Yeah but if you've ever seen DI's live show you know that those mics in front of the guitar cabinets were probably getting bumped all over the place all night, and what sounds good live doesn't necessarily sound as good on record... Andy reamped for the Opeth DVD...

Congrats Oz, looking forward to hearing it!

those mics in front of the guitar cabinets were probably getting bumped all over the place all night

Didn't consider this. Must be a pain in the ass for the sound guys in the venue... having to put the mic back in the good position whenever a stage-diver hits the mic stand.

Never been to a DI show myself (i don't like this band so much).

Sweet! Congratulations!!! It feels really good to get phone calls like that. The folks at Century Media have been very nice to me in the past.

Nice one! Super stoked for you!
It's their guitar tone and drummer that makes me listen to them 'cuz i can't stand the music but I'm Quite amped to hear this!