ALMANAC: Tsar, ft former RAGE guitarist VICTOR SMOLSKI

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
FORMER RAGE GUITARIST VICTOR SMOLSKI’S ALMANAC GEARING UP FOR MARCH 2016 RELEASE OF DEBUT ALBUM; FIRST OFFICIAL TSAR TRAILER POSTED

"...After 15 years and 10 CDs as guitarist, producer and composer for the German heavy metal institution Rage, and with hits penned by him like “Down”, “Soundchaser”, “War Of Worlds”, “Straight To Hell” (well-known from the German blockbuster movie Manitou’s Shoe), “Carved In Stone”, “Forever Dead”, “Empty Hollow” and “Cleansed By Fire”, Victor Smolski now continues his musical career with his new group Almanac....

...This success story now continues with Almanac, who add a powerful touch of heaviness to Lingua Mortis Orchestra's unique sound. The Belarus-born guitarist Smolski with this new group is joined in this new group by former LMO band members Jeanette Marchewka (vocals) and the Symphony Orchestra “Orquestra Barcelona Filharmonia” and White Russian Symphony Orchestra. New in the line-up are bass player Armin Alic, drummer Michael Kolar and keyboardist Enric Garcia. Two high-class singers David Readman (Pink Cream 69) and Andy B. Franck (Brainstorm) complete the extremely prominent line up. Most recently Almanac have signed a record deal with the world’s leading heavy metal label Nuclear Blast. Their debut album, called Tsar, will be released in March 2016.

The band gives some insight into their studio work in the form of their first studio trailer, which can be viewed here..."

Read more at the top link...

Last edited by a moderator:
FORMER RAGE GUITARIST VICTOR SMOLSKI’S ALMANAC REVEAL TSAR ALBUM ARTWORK, TRACKLISTING

almanacalbumdec.jpg

"...The band played recently at Winter Masters Of Rock in Zlin, Czech Republic. Watch a documentary about Almanac's trip below:..."

I'm a really big fan of this CD. Sounds a lot like Smolinski era Rage, which was a little surprising to me. I figured Peavy was the one writing all the Rage tunes. Maybe Smolinski had a big say in the sound also.