Almost done Black Metal album *Need Critiquing!*

drums sound sort of disconnected from everything. Not sure how to explain it, almost like there is no overhead mic/s?

vocals sound a bit distant and weak. Is that a stylistic choice? Only black metal I know and listen to are Emperor and Dimmu Borgir but the vocals sound really strong in there songs.

Guitars sound cool for the most part.But are they a little too wide maybe? No phase problems them being that wide?

I dont know what you mean by "disconnected from everything". The OHs are pretty high but mostly EQd for the cymbals. That was there choice of vocal leveling, I like it sitting in the mix and not in your face cuz the music needs to shine, esp. that drummer! I might have moved 4 hits the whole album ha. The gtrs I have panned hard left and right, quad tracked, no special widening plugs either. Thanks for the reply!

I'm listening to your mix on my laptop so it's not the best condition but there's an annoying frequency on the snare (350-400Hz???) I think you should also automate the drums during the blast beats. The snare and the kick disappear a little bit too much imo. Need to listen to it on my speakers though. I like the overall feeling.

PS - Editing needs to be fixed at 4'05" (listen to the cymbals - possibly a choice but sounds weird to me)

I dont know what you mean by "disconnected from everything". The OHs are pretty high but mostly EQd for the cymbals. That was there choice of vocal leveling, I like it sitting in the mix and not in your face cuz the music needs to shine, esp. that drummer! I might have moved 4 hits the whole album ha. The gtrs I have panned hard left and right, quad tracked, no special widening plugs either. Thanks for the reply!

oh ok, not that I dont like how the guitars and drums sound. I think they sound great! But I dont think its the drums that need work in the mix.