Alot of talk about guitar tones what about bass tones?

FASTFISTS

Jan 17, 2006
Alot of talk about guitar tones what about bass tones?
Does anyone have any killer bass settings?

Does anyone hear have any killer album settings....you know the kind that make your record sound like the pros

I love the Sans Amp Bass Driver DI. You have to have a nice bass, though, and somebody who can play it (although that's true regardless.)

Doug Pinnick from King's X doubles up his bass tone through a distorted guitar amp in addition to his 8x10 cab. And his tone is amazing!

i actualy tried doubling recently... (sometimes playing twice) but most of the time i run a sans amp through a spl goldmike to my soundcard and the parralel out throyugh the goldmike to with flair engaged.. gives a REALY nice tone combined!! i almost like the clean SPL signal better hahaha..
a tube screamer for just a MILD distortion infront of the sansamp works pretty cool too.. gives it a nice standout tone imo...
and amplitube works realy well for me too.. realy polished cool sound.. only down side i can't get it to stick out off the mix as easily as something done with the sans amp..

maybe i'll make some clips so you guys can judge!!

I get an nice compressed kleng-kleng sound:erk: from a tubescreamer in to a Musicmann HD150 tubehead.
But live i just play over the POD Xt Pro, no poweramp.

I know producers who record one clean track and one track with a Rectifier.