Alright beeyotches...all good boards need an NP thread...bring it on!!

Chris Lotesto said:
Mudvayne - LD50

I'm finally getting around to checking this "oldie" out... :lol:

Mudvayne is actually a real good band in my opinion. I know they get alot of shit for wearing the make-up(when they used to anyway), but I think they are great musicians. The bass player and drummer smoke in that band.

BalanceofPower said:
Mudvayne is actually a real good band in my opinion. I know they get alot of shit for wearing the make-up(when they used to anyway), but I think they are great musicians. The bass player and drummer smoke in that band.

Agreed 100%!

Chris Lotesto said:
Dream Theater - Octavarium

I know a lot of people are slagging this but I think it's a solid
release, definitely their best since Scenes from a Memory
by far!!

I think the new one is a little weak, I loved Train of Thought. Scenes from a Memory is a great album, but it's a little to show offy for me. For me it's like every other DT album is a little weaker than the last album.

BalanceofPower said:
I think the new one is a little weak, I loved Train of Thought. Scenes from a Memory is a great album, but it's a little to show offy for me. For me it's like every other DT album is a little weaker than the last album.

I don't know, ToT to me was still all over the place and way too show offy, there was no cohesion in the songwriting. To me, the new is more together in terms of songwriting, way more than the last two and doesn't seem like a bunch of parts thrown together. I'm still digging it and I'm really surprised since I wasn't even going to buy it. :loco: