Alter Bridge

Mustang

The Edge
Sep 15, 2006
Tremont, IL
www.eternity-x.com
Some of my friends have had a debate going on as of late
about if Alter Bridge should be considered Prog Metal or not?
I personally say not. Maybe Prog Rock. But that would be pushing it .
Though I love this band and hope they do more.

The sonic differences between prog rock and prog metal are very blurred. If they have the 'attitude' of metal (in musical compositions and lyrics), then sure. If not.. nope.

The sonic differences between prog rock and prog metal are very blurred. If they have the 'attitude' of metal (in musical compositions and lyrics), then sure. If not.. nope.

It's Alter Bridge, all of them were members of Creed except the singer. They aren't prog I'd say.

It matters not they are a great band hopefully they get their album deal squared away, it would be ashamed if they fell by the way side.

Bear

yea id say no, but honestly who cares about putting a genre on things, people focus on it too much i think.

if its good, its good, nuff said

Alterbridge=Creed with a new front man.. And Mark Tremonti (sp) given a bit more room for expression.. Pretty good stuff.. But straight up rock from where I sit. Commercial even.. That said. I think it was a great disc. better than any of the creed stuff.. I look foreward to more. Hopefully it only gets better... : )

Haven't heard too much from this band. I don't mean to stray from the thread and sound like a weird WWE fanboy, but I love the song Metallingus they use for Edge's theme. I've wanted to check the album out for a while but i've never gotten the urge to take that kind of a chance on an album. Everyone i've spoken to has also told me that Metallingus is a very outcasted song on the album, and the rest of it is pretty much Creed. Either way..Metallingus is a great song..wish they would write an album of songs like that.

Some of my friends have had a debate going on as of late
about if Alter Bridge should be considered Prog Metal or not?
I personally say not. Maybe Prog Rock. But that would be pushing it .
Though I love this band and hope they do more.

First off, I really liked Alter Bridge's debut. Secondly, there's no way that this band is considered prog or power. They're simply a modern, hard rock band.

I agree. What's going on with their next release anyway? Their website has been down for quite sometime now. :erk:

Well I read they had major issue with their last label and left that one then ran into legal trouble. I guess they got a new label and are going to record their second album shortly, from looking at a couple news sites.

Bear

Well I read they had major issue with their last label and left that one then ran into legal trouble. I guess they got a new label and are going to record their second album shortly, from looking at a couple news sites.

Bear

It surprises me that Wind Up let them go, considering Creed's success! Alter Bridge's music is superior to Creed's in my opinion. It would be fun to see Alter Bridge sign up with a metal label like Nuclear Blast. :)

hulk2.jpg

Daaaamn skippy.