Alternate timeline?

Cooee

Oct 19, 2005
Sydney, NSW
Dolly Parton is starting to randomly appear in my Youtube Music playlists...? In between Fear Factory and Hiraes in my most recent instance. Surely we are in an alternate timeline now. :tickled:

On a serious note though, I've never really listened to her before and don't know if this new stuff is her usual style or not. Probably a bit more rock/hard rock than heavy metal, but not too bad!

Not her usual style at all. One of my fav Joan Jett songs there so that's cool.

As seen in the threads showing up as related to yours, she tried and failed to withdraw her Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nomination, so it prompted her to do the rcok album she'd been wanting to do:

The 2022 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame nominees were announced last month, with Dolly appearing on the ballot for the first time. Parton told Billboard last month that she never thought of herself as a rock 'n' roller "in any sense of the word, but I guess they judge it on the music and the influence certain songs have had, and I guess I've had songs with other people in that realm," she said: "I'm not expecting that I'll get in. But if I do, I'll immediately, next year, have to put out a great rock and roll album — which I've wanted to do for years, like a Linda Ronstadt or HEART kind of thing."