Alternative(ish?) Mix(Strat, SD2.2, Pod)

Kryaxysa

New Metal Member
Nov 28, 2011
I decided that since I always do metal mixes that I would try my hand at a non-metal mix. First time I've ever recorded with a strat, and I like not having to deal with the muddiness I get from lower-tuned guitars. I think it's the best mix I've done so far, but I'm not 100% happy with it. Give me some critique on it and let me know what I can improve. Thanks.

Also, I haven't really edited any of the tracks yet. So the guitars are a little messy in parts still.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23873874/BonecrusherFinal.mp3

I like the songwriting and the guitar tone, but the playing is really sloppy.

sometimes the guitar playing is really sloppy. the snare is buried in the mix, bring it up. I'd doublecheck the balance between bass and guitars and between lead an rhythm guitars. for me the bass is maybe a bit too loud, especially the low frequencies let it feel a bit muddy. hope this helps

Thanks for the replies guys. I know the playing is terrible, I definitely rushed through it. I'm more focused on the actual mix i guess rather than the playing. But I brought the bass down, and cut out some guitar frequencies for the snare. I think it helped a little.