Am I insane? How is there no RIP Dimebag thread yet?

JeffTD

Senhor Testiculo
Sep 29, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
www.jeffdunne.com
damageplan3.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3JSbOt7CLo&ob=av2e[/ame]

I'm always sketchy about starting one in recent years, because there seems to be a petty backlash, like it's trendy now to be "so over it". I think it might be the result of some butt-hurt fans who feel a lot of the newer fans are only fans as a result of his death. So fucking what? If his death caused a mass of new fans, how is that anything but a good thing? At least something positive came of it - a larger spread of his beautiful music.

Weird story: I was up late last night, til about 3am, had no idea what the date was and just happened to stick on Floods. I was feeling kinda down and that song always speaks to me. It was the first thing I listened to after I heard the news on this day in 04. Anyway, when I got up this morning I realised what day it was, and had obviously already started commemorating subconsciously :lol:

RIP for another year man. You are the reason I picked up a guitar 13 years ago, and anything that's ever come of anything musically in my life is a result of that.

I think I said this in another thread, but I still remember the day, back in 2004, when I bought The Great Southern Trendkill.
Went home, popped it in the CD player and my face was pretty much blown off clean after the first/title track. I'd never heard anything like that in my life. It was the real deal.
Only a few months after I got into their music, the sad news came, I was so bummed :(
Even though it was 7 years ago, I remember it like it was yesterday