Amaranthe's new single, "Hunger" video now online (Elize = hot)

I wish that Amaranthe (and Evergrey for that matter) were Kamelot's support for their NA tour. Europe already gets all of the goods!! :cry: :p

~Jen

~Jen

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a total fanboy of this band. The 3 vocalist setup seems to work - I hope the instrumentals don't get mixed out of existence because their tunes are really good. Jake and Elize were two of my high points for this past year's PP. Jake used to sing with Dream Evil, so it just shows that Glenn continues to educate us in the Musicology of Metal. If it ever becomes a possibility, I hereby offer to sponsor Amaranthe for ProgPower (insert # here).

Jake used to sing with Dream Evil, so it just shows that Glenn continues to educate us in the Musicology of Metal. If it ever becomes a possibility, I hereby offer to sponsor Amaranthe for ProgPower (insert # here).

Jake never officially released anything with Dream Evil. However his demo of "The Book Of Heavy Metal" is awesome! Jake has his own Power Metal band DREAMLAND, sang on the latest album by DIGNITY, and has done back up vocals on several HAMMERFALL albums.

Amaranthe has been fun for me to watch as I have known about the project since it was first created. I had made a thread a long time ago predicting this band would catch a lot of attention.

I am a total fanboy of this band. The 3 vocalist setup seems to work - I hope the instrumentals don't get mixed out of existence because their tunes are really good. Jake and Elize were two of my high points for this past year's PP. Jake used to sing with Dream Evil, so it just shows that Glenn continues to educate us in the Musicology of Metal. If it ever becomes a possibility, I hereby offer to sponsor Amaranthe for ProgPower (insert # here).

I'm not going to say anything more on this band besides what I've said in the past, as alot of people weren't too thrilled with my opinion on these guys, but I am curious, how does the 3 vocalist setup "work?" I'm not being a dick, I'm sincerely curious. Have you seen them live per chance? To me the idea of 3 singers on one stage just seems ridiculous.

I'm not going to say anything more on this band besides what I've said in the past, as alot of people weren't too thrilled with my opinion on these guys, but I am curious, how does the 3 vocalist setup "work?" I'm not being a dick, I'm sincerely curious. Have you seen them live per chance? To me the idea of 3 singers on one stage just seems ridiculous.

There's plenty of live videos of them on YouTube. Check out for yourself. The band sounds good live.

damn! I can't get on MySpace at work! I can get on Facebok though...hmmmmmmmmm..lol

Hah, I couldn't get it to work on facebook and the myspace quality is super bad.
But for everyone else here's a more reliable link to it

Now just bump up the quality to 480p and you're good to go!

Last edited by a moderator:
There's plenty of live videos of them on YouTube. Check out for yourself. The band sounds good live.

Youtube videos don't really mean anything though. Watching the one posted in this thread, it looks utterly ridiculous with Andy from Cipher System walking around in circles twiddling his thumbs while the girl and the guy sing most of the stuff, and when Andy does sing his lines one of the other singers has to walk off stage or something and come back for his or her part. The whole thing looks jarring and unprofessional. However, it's always a much different experience being there in the crowd rather than being a spectator on my computer watching iPhone footage.

As far as sound goes, they are tight for sure.

Youtube videos don't really mean anything though. Watching the one posted in this thread, it looks utterly ridiculous with Andy from Cipher System walking around in circles twiddling his thumbs while the girl and the guy sing most of the stuff, and when Andy does sing his lines one of the other singers has to walk off stage or something and come back for his or her part. The whole thing looks jarring and unprofessional. However, it's always a much different experience being there in the crowd rather than being a spectator on my computer watching iPhone footage.

As far as sound goes, they are tight for sure.

You've got a point. That being said, if Van Canto does it, Amaranthe can get away with it. Plus, they actually write good music. The single Hunger is great. I am really looking forward to the rest of the music as well as seeing these guys live.

I saw them opening for Kamelot last year. The three vocalists thing is a little odd at first, but it works. They are energetic and seem to have fun on stage, and the audience liked them.

And the "official" video was just released...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y25snz83ms&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I think they are great and are going to climb the ranks quickly. Jake and Elize were awesome to work with last year.

And yes..my wife said it was ok I said "hot"

Yeap awesome video! I usually look the other way when it comes to growls but for some reason this band works for me, and has since I heard the demos over a year ago.

Awesome video. Very well done, very fun. Great production indeed.

And yes, Elize is hot.

Now, I think this band will appeal to a huge number of folks. Why? Simple. They combine the more poppy-mainstream approach of the female vocals thing that Within Temptation does and add some more modern heavier stuff (stuff that the metalcore kids will be all over). This band will be huge.

Plus, this tune is SO DAMN CATCHY!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait 'till a US tour is announced.

Hm, I had heard a song by them some time ago and thought it was way too poppy for my taste, but I listened to this and really liked it. The video is good cheesy fun, too (though it really reminded me of The Lonely Island's "Cool Guys Don't Look at Explosions" :p).

And yes, Elize is way pretty. :)