Amaranthe's new single, "Hunger" video now online (Elize = hot)

Claus, your original joke about putting an ideal, marketable band together totally made me LOL and does indeed have some truth to it. :)

I guess (as I'm becoming more musically diverse!) sometimes I take offense to folks calling the type of metal I lean toward "mainstream or bubblegum". I say that b/c IMO, it seems as if those labels come with a negative connotation- that these bands' musicians somehow aren't as "good" in the metal world. *Shrug* To each their own. Personally, I love both Amaranthe and Delain (hey, Charlotte!!) b/c their music isn't so dark and deep.

~Jen

If you like it and it entertains you, crank it up! Don't let the comments of some forum nerds offend you :)

However, the bubblegum/mainstream comments probably stem from the premise that those making the comments probably listen to music that is more technical, more layered or, as Claus said (quite eloquently) not as easily digestible and more importantly not as easily forgotten. I think that's where the issue lies with this type of music. To those that listen to progressive, Amaranthe will more than likely fail to leave a lasting impression on them.

On the opposite side of the coin, if you primarily listen to this stuff they're pretty top shelf imo.

Why is the lead singer of Sabaton so pissed off that he's kidnapping people and kicking the shit out of them?

LOL
:lol:

Never heard of this band before - interesting

I don't normally engage in conversation regarding my bands, but I just wanted to point out that Jake and Elize are my two best friends, and I known most of the band for a very long time.

So there is nothing corporate scheme behind this, it's just a bunch of friends playing music together :) But it is really a compliment if it seems so well thought out.

[DRAGONLAND]Olof;9697644 said:
I don't normally engage in conversation regarding my bands, but I just wanted to point out that Jake and Elize are my two best friends, and I known most of the band for a very long time.

So there is nothing corporate scheme behind this, it's just a bunch of friends playing music together :) But it is really a compliment if it seems so well thought out.

Hell yeah bro! :kickass::headbang:

Why is the lead singer of Sabaton so pissed off that he's kidnapping people and kicking the shit out of them?

LOL
:lol:

Never heard of this band before - interesting

Yeah - having both of these guys on my "friends" list can get confusing... since they have very different senses of humor, and taste in food...

And J. Broden wouldn't kick the shit out of anybody... he'd just tie them up in a dark room and preach the evils of centralized economies and rail against oversaturation of musical production in an economy.

1) I think the song sounds great
2) I think the video looks awesome, much better than your average "one of our bands" videos
3) Those that don't know Dragonland should check them out, particularly the two most recent albums (Astronomy and Starfall) and you'll see where the penchant for catchy songwriting comes from (the opening two songs off Starfall are particularly good)
4) They are also responsible for one of my favorite cover songs ever, a power metal version of The Neverending Story which is just gloriously keyboard drenched, cheesy and catchy
5) If you want pandering check out this band (and yes, I like this too, but I calls em like I sees em):

Hot chick singer, check
Catchy, easily digestible music, check
Implied nudity, check
Hot chick rolling around on bed, check

I guess I'm an easy mark, cuz it works for me :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Amaranthe: Debut Album Track Listing, Cover Artwork Unveiled

amaranthe_cover.jpg

AMARANTHE will release its self-titled debut album in Europe on April 13 via Spinefarm Records.

The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. Leave Everything Behind
02. Hunger
03. 1.000.000 Lightyears
04. Automatic
05. My Transition
06. Amaranthine
07. Rain
08. Call Out My Name
09. Enter The Maze
10. Director’s Cut
11. Act Of Desperation
12. Serendipity

~Jen

I love Amaranthe. I think the music is really catchy and well written, and think the band has ENORMOUS potential. That being said, whoever thought the band was a corporate creation before, will definitely continue thinking that way after seeing this cover artwork.

Imo, the artwork for the single and/or the demo is ten thousand times better. For some reason, that picture of the band seems so fake... I know, I know it's staged, it's a promo shot but still. It feels so Evanescence, it's not even funny.

Is this the artwork you're referring to?

183284_200937613264972_147104251981642_743008_711432_n.jpg

~Jen

So all the talk about mainstream radio appeal and there's not even a US release, hehe. Spinefarm will probably have to license this CD to another label for the US and that's going to be hard unless the European sales are huge. We'll see what happens.

So all the talk about mainstream radio appeal and there's not even a US release, hehe.

Good point. I wonder how much you agree or disagree with my assessment based on the cover artwork, though, just out of curiosity.

AeonicSlumber said:
Spinefarm will probably have to license this CD to another label and that's going to be hard unless the European sales are huge. We'll see what happens.

You don't think NB or RR would take the risk with this band given the chance?

Good point. I wonder how much you agree or disagree with my assessment based on the cover artwork, though, just out of curiosity.

I agree with you. The EP cover actually fits the self titled concept better too since it has an actual flower thingy on it.

You don't think NB or RR would take the risk with this band given the chance?

Not if it's a license deal and Spinefarm owns their publishing and original copyrights. It means the licensee would barely make anything on it. Roadrunner has a licensing deal with Spinefarm for Nightwish for the US and that's probably rough enough as it is on them financially and Nightwish sells like 100,000 copies per cycle.

I agree with you. The EP cover actually fits the self titled concept better too since it has an actual flower thingy on it.

Not if it's a license deal and Spinefarm owns their publishing and original copyrights. It means the licensee would barely make anything on it. Roadrunner has a licensing deal with Spinefarm for Nightwish for the US and that's probably rough enough as it is on them financially and Nightwish sells like 100,000 copies per cycle.

It is interesting to see you speculate, but you're pretty off :) You'll see soon ;)

Hey dude, all I have is speculation. I NEVER said that I know what's going to happen with the band, I think I was pretty clear about that. On top of that, I definitely said I could be wrong. I'm not a fan, but I support people buying albums regardless of how I feel about the music, so if Amaranthe does become huge, I can't say I will complain, because it will just mean people are supporting the industry and buying records. Everyone wins if music wins.

Hey dude, all I have is speculation. I NEVER said that I know what's going to happen with the band, I think I was pretty clear about that. On top of that, I definitely said I could be wrong. I'm not a fan, but I support people buying albums regardless of how I feel about the music, so if Amaranthe does become huge, I can't say I will complain, because it will just mean people are supporting the industry and buying records. Everyone wins if music wins.

Well said friend :)

This cd should be out within 2 weeks...I can't wait to get it...
Should be a great energetic cd to take to the gym.......