Amazing Drum Performance

Amazing... simply amazing.

Damn, I suck. My drum playing is just a joke compared to something like this. :D

man, i really wish more young drummers would learn to actually play slick grooves and spend some time on stuff like rudiments instead of burning the whole "faster/louder is the best" adage into their minds.

that being said, this was awesome. so smooth, so solid, so...clean. :)

man, i really wish more young drummers would learn to actually play slick grooves and spend some time on stuff like rudiments instead of burning the whole "faster/louder is the best" adage into their minds.

Yeah, this made me realize how I sometimes use unneeded force trying to be fast. i'm just too lazy when it comes to training although I know I can improve if I just put enough work on it.

Yeah, this made me realize how I sometimes use unneeded force trying to be fast. i'm just too lazy when it comes to training although I know I can improve if I just put enough work on it.

it's a misconception a lot of drummers have (experienced or not). it's amazing how fast you can get without force. plus it sounds so crisp with a light touch, even when used to play loudly. this took me a while to understand, but i'll never go back to playing where my hands are blistered and bleeding at the end of a show.

Man, you, and the others who posted in here, are damn right. So many drummers focus on, imo, the wrong way to play. Playing as fast as you can, and as hard as you can really is the wrong way to approach the drums. Not only does it not sound as good, but you'll probably end up hurting yourself and develope pretty bad technique in the end, which would also lead to lesser technical abilities.

On a side note, the music he is playing too is also quite enjoyable :)

Man, you, and the others who posted in here, are damn right. So many drummers focus on, imo, the wrong way to play. Playing as fast as you can, and as hard as you can really is the wrong way to approach the drums. Not only does it not sound as good, but you'll probably end up hurting yourself and develope pretty bad technique in the end, which would also lead to lesser technical abilities.

On a side note, the music he is playing too is also quite enjoyable :)

right on...there are so many "little" things that can make a huge difference. i use the term "little" loosely, because while they might seem small, they add up to so much (posture and breathing, anyone?) awesome to see that there are people who know what i'm talking about :)

on a side note: anyone been/going to see Rush on tour?

Haha, I love Virgil Donati, as well as Thomas Lang. They are probably, technically, the best drummers around. I picked up Thomas Lang's DVD Creative Coordination a while ago, and 99% of it I can't even come close to playing. lol

I like Steven Wilson. Some of PT's stuff is pretty boring, but some of it is great. The drumming from Harrison on their albums is always top-notch too.