amazing

MetalLives

Metal Master
Jun 18, 2005
raleigh
man its pretty fucking amazing that you guys have fans in other countries thats awesome. got any of that special daylight brew left?

MetalLives said:
man its pretty fucking amazing that you guys have fans in other countries thats awesome.

I found DD through the Relapse Record sampler. I was pretty surprised to see that in Jersey. (Not New Jersey, the REAL one) I didn't even listen to Doom metal at the time....I do now! :loco:

I got into daylight dies when i saw a Katatonia gig in Dublin a few years ago.
After seeing DD play I had to buy the album.

Me too. Well, I'd heard No Reply before, but it hadn't clicked with me yet. Then I saw them support Katatonia (in Nottingham, not Dublin), and was blown away. I think I bought No Reply that night, and since have got 2 shirts, Idle, the live CD, a poster, and a couple of stickers. Stickers are \m/.

Hey jester, didn't realise you were a brit. Good tabs on MSB btw.

Rusty: similar situation with me, except it had "clicked" really, seeing them live only reinforced that they're one of the few bands in the US scene doing anything great. if DD continues to grow it'll be something very special indeed.

it's sad that everything has gotten so delayed but then the world is not perfect and with any luck the wait will be worthwhile. \m/

I heard daylight dies when my friend/bandmate showed me a track off Idle, as at the time I was finding "New" Doom bands [as in bands that were more modern bands] cause I basicly listened to Katatonia as THE BULK of Doom at its best for me... and was looking for other bands that could be as good as that is for me....

A few weeks later I sent out my money order for No Reply, and now have like - all the shit of theirs I can get.

Australia is a far away place :( but hey!

If you havent got it, the live cds great! Id still kill to get some proper live video footage though, I couldnt give a fuck if its not mastered in 50000.1 Surround Sound :p or the best video quality either..

Mirrors.Of.The.Dead said:
I heard daylight dies when my friend/bandmate showed me a track off Idle, as at the time I was finding "New" Doom bands [as in bands that were more modern bands] cause I basicly listened to Katatonia as THE BULK of Doom at its best for me... and was looking for other bands that could be as good as that is for me....

A few weeks later I sent out my money order for No Reply, and now have like - all the shit of theirs I can get.

Australia is a far away place :( but hey!

If you havent got it, the live cds great! Id still kill to get some proper live video footage though, I couldnt give a fuck if its not mastered in 50000.1 Surround Sound :p or the best video quality either..

Id love to see a daylight dies dvd or something! thatd be excellent! I dont really care to much about the sound quality either, its just great to see a band on stage

Yeah !! Especially for those of us that CANT !

The "Live" video clip was cool, but Id much rather hear the proper sound... I have a few like 10second clips of some gig, fuck, it is/was/would be AWESOME.

I'm from France.
I found Daylight Dies through Jesse, which I knew as the Katatonia Shrine webmaster. He was so much into Katatonia and October Tide that I always knew I would love his band. Nevertheless, I never thought it would be that great. No Reply was the album I had been awaiting for years after October Tide's Grey Dawn.
The gig I saw In Gent,Belgium during the Katatonia European tour blew me away. Daylight Dies is just awesome live, they're one of the most energic band I ever see live. It was a pleasure to meet Jesse too. A very good day to remember.

man its pretty fucking amazing that you guys have fans in other countries thats awesome

yeah, I'm from Poland, and thanks to some guy on SoulSeek that told me to download from him the 'No Reply' album, I'm a DD fan... From that moment I'm addicted from Daylight Dies :] I look forward to buy all of your stuff someday... For now I don't have any cash...