Amazons gone nuts, HL2 release date HAHAH

I don't get why people are getting so pissed off at HL2s release date being kicked back. Many other games, such as Duke Nukem Forever, Breed and even Doom 3 have had even more delays and have missed their original release dates by years, while HL2 isn't yet a year behind its original planned release date.

A lot of retailers do that though. I remeber EB did the same thing for UT and put 1969 as its release year. No worries HL 2 will be out. I think it will rule all though. I heard that it will come in September.

SunlapseVertigo said:
well according to amazon, its been kicked foward. apparently kicked foward throughout the fabric of space and time.....

i'm sorry, that was retarded, i just couldn't resist.
zing

Well the UNIX Epoch started on 01.01.1970, so they'll have just put the date in as -1 for some reason and it got it as 11:59 or some shit.

Tanith said:
I don't get why people are getting so pissed off at HL2s release date being kicked back. Many other games, such as Duke Nukem Forever, Breed and even Doom 3 have had even more delays and have missed their original release dates by years, while HL2 isn't yet a year behind its original planned release date.

Breed (it's out now anyway) and Doom 3 weren't that bad. But don't bring up Duke Nukem, I think they're purposely intent on keeping their world record for that one. There's Galleon: Islands of Mystery too, which has been delayed for years.

The sad thing is that people (like me) are waiting for the Xbox ports (all confirmed) of all 4 of those games. :ill:

I'm not a huge PC gamer, but the game I've been pissed about being pushed back is Halo 2...I'll be fucking suprised if we see it before 2005 at the rate they keep delaying it...

Duke Nukem was due to be released on the first Unreal engine wasn't it? And then they restarted work on it for the U2 engine?

Wtf are they going to do releasing a game using the U2 engine just before the U3 engine comes out?

Anyways, I can't really say much about Duke Nukem Forever, just that it's most likely going to be awesome. I've known one of their employees since the Halloween Harry/Blake Stone/Duke Nukem II days, and I'm confident it will be good.

HL2's release date is scheduled for Nov 12, 2004 for right now.

Doom 3, sometime this summer we would hope.[/QUOTE]

I heard they upgraded to the U2 engine, but yeah, with Unreal 3 on the horizon, it'll still look painfully dated when it comes out.