AMERICAN DOG - Poison Smile Due In June; Complete Details Revealed

iNFeCTiioN

Jul 29, 2011
How did you learn to play drums?

Buying a good used set this week and just curios on how you guys learned

Can you recommend me some basic instructional DVDs just for like basic skill techniques

Thanks

How did you learn to play drums?

Buying a good used set this week and just curios on how you guys learned

Can you recommend me some basic instructional DVDs just for like basic skill techniques

Thanks

Well,... :D
Firstly, I'm not a drummer, but before I grab the bass guitar (the love of my life), I tried drumming for like a month or so.. Don't remember, sorry ):
A friend of mine helped me a little and the rest was on YouTube.. You can find some awesome drummers there!
So, at the beginning it was a nightmare to me- I had no idea where should my legs be when I'm not using the double bass pedals, so I used to hit them with the drum sticks a lot.. I remember one time my knee was bleeding :lol:
Better remove your earrings cos if the drum stick goes there- with your ear it's over! I had a split lip and a black eye at the beginning, but after a week or so I managed to drum better. The one thing, that I hated was the speed.. I was watching some drummers like Jaska or that one from Wintersun (don't remember names, sorry) and I felt stupid as fuck.
The other thing- you get muscles :D
Drumming is fun, but it's not as easy as it looks :)
Wish you luck with it! :wave: