Amon Amarth at the Jaxx in Springfield, VA photos

cparker

Nov 10, 2010
Suffolk, VA USA
www.flickr.com
I saw Amon Amarth for the first time last night, and they killed! Well, not literally, but it was a great show, I assure you. Johan Hegg is an awesome frontman - you can definitely tell that he's putting all of his energy into the show. When getting the crowd to sing the chorus of "The Pursuit of Vikings" at the end of the show, he joked that "it doesn't matter if you know the lyrics or not, it's death metal, no one will know the difference." :lol: He also dedicated "Live For the Kill" to the guys who killed Bin Laden, which was pretty cool. As for the rest of the guys, their performance was flawless. Olavi really nailed the guest solos on the Surtur Rising songs!

Here are a few of the photos that I took:

5684195716_4ea249071e.jpg

5683621505_19da53c408.jpg

5683983421_c41ff361bb.jpg

5683621025_c194952179.jpg

5683715857_cfbf3c875f.jpg

5684252578_5b373d47cf.jpg

5683685157_f0a1584409.jpg

5684251508_d97be359aa.jpg

5684253260_74ede8cce2.jpg

5683964973_ece19ee763.jpg

You can check the rest of them out here.

Anyway, I had a great time, and I hope that you all like the photos!

I saw Amon Amarth for the first time last night, and they killed! Well, not literally, but it was a great show, I assure you. Johan Hegg is an awesome frontman - you can definitely tell that he's putting all of his energy into the show. When getting the crowd to sing the chorus of "The Pursuit of Vikings" at the end of the show, he joked that "it doesn't matter if you know the lyrics or not, it's death metal, no one will know the difference." :lol: He also dedicated "Live For the Kill" to the guys who killed Bin Laden, which was pretty cool. As for the rest of the guys, their performance was flawless. Olavi really nailed the guest solos on the Surtur Rising songs!
Anyway, I had a great time, and I hope that you all like the photos!

Yeah that is the standard protocol. Do you recall any of the 2nd set? What songs?

Still was pretty funny though.

I'm pretty sure the set was the same as posted in this thread, i.e.:

Twilight of the Thunder God
Masters of War
Live For the Kill
With Oden on Our Side
Guardians of Asgaard
Asator
Varyags of Miklagaard
Thousand Years of Oppression
Without Fear
Victorious March/Gods of War Arise/Death in Fire medley

encore:

Cry of the Blackbirds
Runes to My Memory
Pursuit of Vikings

Thanks for posting the pics; that night was not fortunate for me, though I was glad to get the bear pelt signed afterwards.

I could not be in there because the pollen allergies were already causing trouble, and that the sushi and the mead decided my stomach was not big enough for the two of them :puke: There is always next time.

Fenrisúlfr;9799840 said:
Thanks for posting the pics; that night was not fortunate for me, though I was glad to get the bear pelt signed afterwards.

I could not be in there because the pollen allergies were already causing trouble, and that the sushi and the mead decided my stomach was not big enough for the two of them :puke: There is always next time.

Man that sucks, lesson learned no sushi before shows............ they will be back soon enough.

Wait, was that you wearing the animal pelt and warpaint?

So you just stuck around after the show, and were able to get it signed?

That was me. I usually act like a drunken fool anyway, so I might as well do so in the most epic way possible. I was indeed able to get it signed.

Heh, I was standing like five feet from you! I had a Megadeth RIP 20th Anniversary Tour shirt on.

Congrats! I actually had some pictures I was going to try to get signed, but it was so crowded in there that I figured that I didn't have any chance of meeting the guys, and also had a three hour ride back home, so I just left. If I was physically able to kick my own butt right now, I would. :mad: As Lukasz said, though, there's always next time....