Amon Amarth - Bottom Lounge 04/14

I'll be at the Mesa, AZ show in two weeks. Can't wait! I'm curious to see the setlist for the second set after the Surter Rising set.

Have fun. I am not a huge DM fan, but certainly appreciate AA when I hear them. They are a band that definitely deserves the success they are getting now. Who else is on the bill?

after an hour ever song sounds the same and repetative.

Sure, but that song is AWESOME. Seeing Amon Amarth for the 6th time will tie them for 6th place on my most-seen bands list, and like most bands that I see more than 3 or 4 times, that means their shows are so good that I'm gonna continue seeing them every time they come to town. New record is as good as it is unsurprising, so it will be cool to see them do the whole thing.

Neil

as much as I like Amon Amarth.....after an hour ever song sounds the same and repetative. Passing on this one.

I smell a bit of hypocrisy here. I remember a while back you saying how you really wanted to go to this show, that they're a great live band, etc., but how you weren't sure how you could pull it off with work.

Anywhoo, while I wouldn't call them the most inventive band on the planet, what they do, they do very well and I find a lot of their songs extremely memorable. Needless to say, I can't wait 'till tonight.

I'll be waiting to see what the second set looks like before I commit to going to the Boston show. I've seen them four times, and each time was awesome, but with a couple of other shows coming up it really depends on the non-Surtur Rising set.

I wonder why they took a step back in venue from HOB to Bottom Lounge? When I saw them two year ago or whatever it was at HOB they did a really nive crowd. It wasn't sold out, but it was a nice turnout. I'm sure it was several hundred more than they will get this evening.

Britt

I smell a bit of hypocrisy here. I remember a while back you saying how you really wanted to go to this show, that they're a great live band, etc., but how you weren't sure how you could pull it off with work.

Anywhoo, while I wouldn't call them the most inventive band on the planet, what they do, they do very well and I find a lot of their songs extremely memorable. Needless to say, I can't wait 'till tonight.

No, I could have gone. Just they are a band that are great live but I would rather save my vacation days for shows I am more interested in. I saw them with Kreator / Nile and with Ensiferum. That is good enough for me. If it was a weekend show I would be there in a heart beat. I am using my days off for the Heathen / Destruction show and the FOrbidden show. Both of these shows are lots more interesting that the AA show.

I wonder why they took a step back in venue from HOB to Bottom Lounge? When I saw them two year ago or whatever it was at HOB they did a really nive crowd. It wasn't sold out, but it was a nice turnout. I'm sure it was several hundred more than they will get this evening.

Britt

I'm guessing because it's only them. The last tour here they did have Ensiferum, which I'm sure brought some extra people to the show. After it selling out with just them, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they go back to HOB.