Amon amarth hypocritical text.

Shern

New Metal Member
Feb 3, 2013
I'm listening to Amon Amarth. Honestly, I recently started listening to metal, and AA is my first metal band.
They've a lot of cool tracks of pain, suffering and death, but ...
Fate of Norns. What the fuck? This is supposed to be sad, because the Viking's son was killed, while the Viking killed a hundred other sons? I do not care that the killing, but that he considers to be bad for those who went after revenge.

There is any more songs of this kind shit?

Fate of Norns is actually about Johan Hegg losing his nephew.
And nowhere in the song does it say anything about hundreds of other sons being killed? Hardly any of their songs are linked together story-wise if that's what you think?? You make no sense

Is Siegreicher Marsch not the same as Victorious March, just in German?

i don't really understand your question.
Do you mean that he is sad about hos dead son even if he as a viking
fought in a lot of battles and killed there a lot of other sons ?
If yes : the people he killed fought in a battle so they knew that they
could be killed.
His son was 6 years old so i don't think that he fought in a battle.

I dont get your question. Are you wondering why someone would be sad when his son dies, when he himself has probably killed a lot of people? If so, because it is his own SON.
"No man should have to bury his child"

I thought about it again and you shouldn't think about the lyrics
that much.
Of course they are an important part of this music but we are talking
about metal lyrics and not about a philosophy book.

I have kids and Fate of Norns always ripped my heart out. Here is a man who's son dies. He asks Odin why he must endure the pain. The Norse were fatalists. Hence, they believed their lives were scripted by the fates, the Norns, and he is asking the All Father why he must endure this fate. He cannot take the pain. He builds his son a funeral pyre worthy of a king and then lies down beside him! He dies with his son, traveling with him to Hel. Forever giving up his place in Valhalla, Hall of the Victorious Dead, the Einherjar. Foregoing eternal battle and happiness at Odin's side to be with the one person that mattered more than all of the rewards of Asgard. If you don't have any children I can understand how this might not affect you much. Have a child. Raise him or her for a few years. See how your whole world changes. Then listen to this song. Then tell me it isn't sad.

I'm listening to Amon Amarth. Honestly, I recently started listening to metal, and AA is my first metal band.
Fate of Norns. What the fuck? This is supposed to be sad, because the Viking's son was killed, while the Viking killed a hundred other sons? I do not care that the killing, but that he considers to be bad for those who went after revenge.

hey everybody look, the troll Robertflash is back with a different name...

I'm new with Amon Amarth, but I love metal music.
I met Amon Amarth maybe one year ago. I didn't listen to lyrics (cuz english is my second language), but after some time I did.
And now... lyrics from "God of war arise". How could I interpret this?

They singing about honor and glory from killing innocents?
Or maybe just murdering for silver, slaves and gold?

I'm not very faithful, but I don't like just an evil and senseless bands which sing about that.

Youd really have to understand the norse mentality and culture to understand this but basically as I understand it, honor would demand retribution or recompense of the same worth.

And they didnt have the same mentality of morality as we do now days. Whole different mindset and killing for revenge was seen as justice.

I have kids and Fate of Norns always ripped my heart out. Here is a man who's son dies. He asks Odin why he must endure the pain. The Norse were fatalists. Hence, they believed their lives were scripted by the fates, the Norns, and he is asking the All Father why he must endure this fate. He cannot take the pain. He builds his son a funeral pyre worthy of a king and then lies down beside him! He dies with his son, traveling with him to Hel. Forever giving up his place in Valhalla, Hall of the Victorious Dead, the Einherjar. Foregoing eternal battle and happiness at Odin's side to be with the one person that mattered more than all of the rewards of Asgard. If you don't have any children I can understand how this might not affect you much. Have a child. Raise him or her for a few years. See how your whole world changes. Then listen to this song. Then tell me it isn't sad.

Yeah thats pretty deep emotional stuff right there. I dont have kids myself but I think I can relate is some small way.

:fu::fu: