Amon Amarth

I love AA, actually they are one of my 3 favorite bands (together with Unleashed and guess who else...). I'm not sure if you can call them melodic Death, I already thought about this when doing my homepage (see related bands --> AA).

As for the albums, I love The Avenger and VS the World, and I think Fate Of Norns is pretty good, too. Don't like the Crusher that much.

I love the Crusher! "Masters of War" and "The Sound of eight Hooves" are two of my favourite songs by AA. "Risen from the Sea", "As long as the Raven flies" and "Annihilation of Hammerfest" kick major arse, too.

Listen "Relesing Surtur's Fire". You wont regret.

I dunno why i said that. "You wont regret". Bah! But hey, i can easily erase that. What? Duh!!

I only have the Fate of Norns album which I just got last week. I really like it. Not necessarily complext music, but I really dig it. The title track is my favorite; I love the lyrics.

solefald said:
Im not much interested into them
they have some good songs like death in fire(the solo !!!!thats great) and are a good live band
but these viking-attitude and lyrics are boring.and most songs are midtempo and not really extraordinary.DT is much much better
if I like to hear viking-metal I check out some old borknagar or enslaved records
nice band among others
sorry folks Im no real fan of them

couldnt agree more and I think the new album is a bit overrated, I liked the last one better... they are a good live band sure, but I'm also not that much of a fan...

DragonLady1 said:
couldnt agree more and I think the new album is a bit overrated, I liked the last one better... they are a good live band sure, but I'm also not that much of a fan...

So..A friend of mine recommended Dark tranquility because i was searching a new group to listen. I'm tired of listening Amon Amarth.

haha this posted someone ne in the "new fan of DT"thread
and supported my theory about AA :D
AA are ok but there are more interesting bands out there