Amon Amarth

I think it's funny how the Amon Amarth fans love the band's failure to experiment. "Hooray, it's the same thing as the last album!"
edit: Note that I'm not saying Amon Amarth suck. I think they're a decent listen on occasion but I don't knock myself out with it.

Fact is, people don't listen to Amon Amarth for new, experiemental, progressive music. They listen for good old melodic, metal, head banging fun. (NFU don't bother replying, we all know how you're gonna answer to that.) And if you're into that kind of music, then its pretty much been a solid run of good albums. Whether you think thats commendable or not (most likely) is your thing. Personally, the only full album I really like is "Avenger."

With Oden On Our Side fucking rocks! Its actually pretty different from the other albums... Its not as easy for people to get into as their previous albums to get into I think, as it is heavyer, and does not have the same immediate "catchyness"...

I listen to Amon Amarth only on occassion, and I have their DVD but I haven't even finished it. But they are pretty good, my favorite song is Risen from the Sea 2000