Amorphis are Gods

somnium_in_tenebris

Sleeping With Ghosts
Jun 11, 2002
i went to the amorphis concert yesterday.i cant deny i was expecting them to play all them new stuff(as most bands do),so i was all moody and that.

after the concert,i can say that they made the best setlist i have ever seen,ever.they played only two(!) new songs and the rest were old.They even played a song from them first album(karelian isthmus):OMG:

The band kept the interest high all throughout the concert and performed the songs with passion and nerve.They havent lost the spirit all those years,or the respect for their previous work,regardless of the music-style they have adopted.They(and the manager of course..) respect the audience that raised them where they are now and give the crowd what it deserves.My neck still hurts :( :( i freaked out like :lol: :lol:

The psychotic-musician-attitude has left me sick and tired after some years of meeting this kind of ppl,but seeing Amorphis onstage again i really wanted to shake their hand for that hell of a show and the feedback to the fans.

Now that's a band! :headbang:

(excuse my possible incoherences,im sooo dizzy:( )

i'd seen them 2 years ago so i didn't go this time. bad sound at that gig but yeah, the setlist was dead good (brave murder day, drowned maid, magic and mayhem, etc.)

brave murder day :lol: :lol: :lol: you mean black winter day eheheheh!!!They opened with In the beginnning from Tales (my fave from the album).They played everything that they should have played like.only missing Weeper on the Shore :p
Everything is ace about this band,cept they dont have a forum.just a lousy messageboard that doesnt really work:(:(

after the concert i was ready to speed off to athens for tonights show(which im missing right now),but my dad was at home,so he'd smother me if i went to athens "for just a bloody concert???" :(:(:(:(:( bollocks:(

@Snow both this and the previous time they were here,they played old stuff.Last time they even played almost the whole Tales album :ill: *gods*this time they only played 2 songs from the new album,2 from the previous and the rest from the older masterpieces :worship:

the setlist was this one:

Setlist:
Intro
In The Beginning
The Way
Against Widows
Divinity
Alone
Day Of Your Beliefs
Evil Inside
Grail's Mysteries
Goddess Of A Sad Man
Mourning Soil
The Castaway
Of Rich And Poor

My Kantele
Killing Goodness
Black Winter Day

Plus Summer's end ;) :worship:

must be correct

Nice setlist, The newest album really isn't that great so i'm glad to say they concentrated on playing older stuff. When they came to the US a couple of years ago, they were great, the atmosphere was perfect.

My Kantele! nice one, i read you hadda great time, good :)
i bought their latest 2cd release (+ clips and that) and it's a great disco-spective, i really play it often..

I can confirm that Amprphis are indeed not 'gods'. I can also confirm that they are a great band who I have not yet see live. Maybe they will play the next Wacken or Bang your Head which I plan on attending.

I really like Amorphis, specially the old stuff... but when I saw them this year at the Metalfest Vienna I was really disappointed, that guy just CANT sing live... and I didnt recognize a single song, it was a big chaos on stage, terrible... :( I hope they made it better in Greece...

somnium_in_tenebris said:
Everything is ace about this band,cept they dont have a forum.just a lousy messageboard that doesnt really work:(:(

well whats this doing here?? :loco: