Amorphis - Skyforger (New Album)

I have Eclipse by Amorphis, and it's an album I really enjoy, but because they change their style with each release I don't have a clue which Amorphis album to buy next. What do you fellows recommend?

Elegy and Tales From The Thousand Lakes are their two best imo.....I'll check out the new album. Amorphis is always interesting, although as was said, they switch it up alot, so I don't know their whole catalog....

Took me about 3-4 listens and Skyforger is excellent. Amorphis, for me anyway, has beena pretty consistent band over the years. I'm liking this more than Silent Water.

I cannot wait to get this album in the mail in the next few days. Amorphis has made some amazing albums through the years and still today with the last few releases they have upped their game and brought down the hammer of northern metal. This album will be amazing, I already know it.

I have Eclipse by Amorphis, and it's an album I really enjoy, but because they change their style with each release I don't have a clue which Amorphis album to buy next. What do you fellows recommend?

If you like Eclipse, I think that you will enjoy Silent Waters. They're quite comparable in terms of quality and style.

I liked it. Very good stuff. The only thing about Amorphis is I cannot listen to the full album. Near the end, I need to switch it to something else....quite odd. But Majestic Beast is killer!

Skyforger is another great Amorphis album!! Beautiful, melodic, majestic and epic blasts of northern metal. And guitar wise this is one of Amorphis's best albums, so many great riffs that I cant wait to learn on the guitar and definitely the best Amorphis solos ever. The album at parts also seems abit more progressive than past albums, nice to see them explore that arena, especially on the opening track Sampo.

Hail Amorphis!! Give this album a listen guys.

Skyforger, and then their back catalogue. Skip the abortion that is Silent Waters.

Too late, I checked out Silent Waters on Spotify. Sounded pretty similar to Eclipse stylistically, wasn't bad and was quite easy to listen to, but the songs sounded familiar from the first listen, so I think I'll get bored of it quite quickly. I'll have to give it a few more listens before I decide whether it's worth buying.

Silent Waters might sound a lot like Eclipse but so does Skyforger... but this means nada at least to me. These 3 albums have been much like a trilogy and since Eclipse for me was just amazing, I have not grown bored with Silent Waters or will not with Skyforger. Im pretty sure the band will take a greater leap on their next album since they have themselves stated that these 3 album are sort of like a trilogy. Either way, I though Amorphis was done and buried after the release of Far From the Sun, Tomi Joutsen came along and sparked a whole next flame within the band.