New Amorphis track ... Silver Bride

There's probably my most anticipated release of the year!! The new track is great, sounds like pure Amorphis! Can't wait to hear the rest!

I think the new tune is very good ... a bit more upbeat for them than their last disc. The song would seem to fit in there pretty well on Eclipse. Silent Waters had a more dark and somber mood to it than Eclipise, but both discs are excellent. I'd give the slightest edge to Eclipse. If the new one is a cross between those two they will have a third straight winner on their hands.

Britt

No wonder, because that's the Silver Bride radio edit taken from the upcoming Finland-only CDS, not the proper CD version :p

Btw. here is a short track by track overview of Skyforger from pre-listening session but don't worry for spoilers, there are only some two-line notes of each track.

I hope you're right. I too thought it could use a little Red Bull or something. That's what I loved most about Silent Waters. They were full throttle since 4 seconds into the album! :headbang:

Amen brother!

Never was a fan of Am Universum or Far From the Sun, but a really big fan of this band.

I do like like these 2 as well, even though in a ranking they'd be at the bottom of the list, but I know a lot of fans were disappointed with those releases, thank God for the stellar Eclipse album that put them squarely back on track.

AMORPHIS does no wrong.

Perfect statement.
This is a band that's been consistent from day one. Every single album is good, no exceptions. Sure, the style changed over the years, but you're right. Amorphis does absolutely no wrong.

One of the most underrated bands in metal's history. I hope they continue the good work for decades. :kickass::headbang:

Official trailer of the upcoming Amorphis CD "Skyforger" (Out May 29th by Nuclear Blast Europe)

Last edited by a moderator: