Whole new Amorphis album up on MySpace

pollution

Yes,they call me Aki too.
Jul 18, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
There was a recent thread for the new Amorphis video but figured this definitely deserves its own thread.. They have just added the whole Skyforger up on their MySpace for one week pre-listening: http://www.myspace.com/amorphis

Didn't check it out myself yet, might just wait a few days until the album is out since not a big fan of the sound quality MySpace tunes have. Very nice of them to put it the whole thing up though :)

I just listened to the whole thing ... sounds really good. It seems more in line with Eclipse than Silent Waters .. maybe a little more upbeat. Both of those discs were excellent, but one was a bit upbeat, and the other was a bit moody. One thing seemed sure .. the tracks on the new one seem pretty memorable on first listen. Seems like Amorphis probably has another winner on their hands.

Britt

I'm giving it a 12/10 in 7th Savior Ratings Guide.

Let's post the video again for those too lazy to click on the link!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the first song off the album (according to the myspace)!! However, the second song is kinda annoying until at the very end. The album has a lot of nice embellishments, but overall a lot of the songs seem a bit slow. The growls are a lot more scarce throughout the album, probably accounting for the lack of energy coming from the music (Majestic Beast opens with the growls, but the tempo of the song is very slow in itself). Overall, I wouldn't say its close to as good as Silent Waters, but I still like it. After a few listens, I'm sure it'll grow on me.

edit: If I had known they released their album on Myspace before I left for school, I'd be wearing the Silent Waters shirt instead of the Kamelot one. :p

This one is definately more folky than the last one ... there's some really catchy folk melodies to be found on Skyforger. They've done a pretty good job mixing things up from the last two as well. This one really has it's own identity, although if we are going to throw out comparisons it most reminds me of Eclipse ... which I slightly prefer to Silent Waters. I'd agree about it being a little less aggressive than Silent Waters when it comes to the growls. It's more in line with Eclipse when it comes to the clean/growl vox ... maybe a 70/30 mix.

Britt

I would LOVE this. I didn't get to catch their whole set at PP, but I really loved what I saw.

Their live show is what totally sold me on them. I was a casual fan before their last US headlining tour, which I went to so I could see Into Eternity (the start of their streak of opening every tour). I stuck around for Amorphis since I enjoyed the albums, and they blew me away. PP's performance was no different.