Amorphis, THe Doors, the conspiracy!

demon talented

enduring iconoclast
May 30, 2002
the body formerly referred to as TheLedTool
I can't stop listening to Amorphis's cover of "Light My Fire." (I'll stop when I have to eat.)

It's part great, part hilarious...

Doors with death vocals!

I thought I might as well as share my enjoyment. ;)

As with other funny things, it's kind of scary in a way too.

:lol:

If you haven't heard, just imagine death vocals for "Come on baby light my fire!"

Wonderful. ;)

(The original is great, of course, too. ;))

never heard it...though i would like to

but ever since Amorphis recruited Pasi with vocals they have just been simply brilliant. Extremely unique, no one can touche them in their field (whatever that may be )

Amorphis, great band.:cool:

I have that song. I'm of the opinion that there should be more death covers of normal songs.

Originally posted by Hondo
I have that song. I'm of the opinion that there should be more death covers of normal songs.

Wouldn't a whole CD of that be awesome? Somebody should do that. :lol:

Originally posted by TheEmperor
The "Light My Fire" cover is great indeed! I like it a lot too. But still for me, the original is even better, it's a fantastic song.

I agree. I've listened to the original a lot... that's partially why I got such a big kick out of it. ;)

Well, I think this cover is nice, but not wonderful... It's quite close of the original version, (except vocals, of course ^^)
I prefer regular Amorphis songs, especially from "Elegy" and "Tuonela"... :)

My favourite bit is where Tomi does a "UNGH!" between the lyrics.
Great song but I think it's a bit out of place on the album (Tales) as the rest of the lyrics are taken from mythology. Hmm...

Originally posted by Sigma
never heard it...though i would like to

but ever since Amorphis recruited Pasi with vocals they have just been simply brilliant. Extremely unique, no one can touche them in their field (whatever that may be )

Amorphis, great band.:cool:

i think pasi is great, except he never growls on am universum. :mad:

seeing them live is great, because he does the clean stuff spot-on, and then he growls their old stuff better than the former singer. he can even do it in the slurred style that the old one used.

ok, i just got it....

This HORRIBLE!!!! but also terribly hysterical, especially the chorus

Bravo Amorphis!!!!!

Originally posted by Stondis
Great song but I think it's a bit out of place on the album (Tales) as the rest of the lyrics are taken from mythology. Hmm...

It isn't on the regular release of Tales.

Originally posted by saturnix

seeing them live is great, because he does the clean stuff spot-on, and then he growls their old stuff better than the former singer. he can even do it in the slurred style that the old one used.

Wow, that must be pretty interesting...

Originally posted by Stondis

Go for whatever classics you can, right? :lol: