Amp for post-metal - Laney, Marshall, Engl?

Entangled

New Metal Member
Jun 2, 2016
Hi! I need a new amp for post-metal (I use Fender Hot Rod Deville III currently), I hope to get a Russian Circles/Pelican sound with dark, heavy distortion with plenty of low-end and not too bright cleans. It would be an added bonus if the amp worked well with Rat and bass Big Muff. I play a Fender Telecaster Deluxe FSR with humbuckers (though I might switch to Gibson after I get the amp).

The amps which I'm considering are Marshall JCM 800 2205, Marshall DSL 100, Laney VH100R, Laney GH100L (only one channel though), Laney AOR Pro-Tube, Engl Fireball and Engl Screamer. If anyone has any experience with these amps, especially in the context of this genre, let me know what you think. You can of course suggest other amps but I would prefer if we could restrict the discussion to those, as they are within my budget and readily available used in Poland. I hven' tried them yet, will do it soon.

I was almost set on the VH100R as I read a lot of glowing opinions on that one, however some of it's characteristics put me off - hum/noise, excessive brightness, amount of time needed to find the right tone, apparently it's a tweaker. It's still an intriguing option though.

Peace