Are there any Laney Amp users in here?

vengeance

Dec 19, 2001
Louisville KY
www.facebook.com
I just bought the Laney VH100R Half stack! It kicks serious Ass! I finally got to take it to band practice and crank the Fucker up! It sounds pretty damn Good! I love it! In fact I'm selling my 5150 Head now! The style of Metal I play is in the vein of bands like ATHEIST, IRON MAIDEN, old ATROCITY, DEATH, HELLOWEEN, HELSTAR, CORONER jsut to name a few! I'm curious if there are any other Laney amp users that feel the same way! Also I'm thinking about adding a BBE sonic Maximizer to my rig! Does anyone have any opinions about em?

Check out my band ASSISTING SORROW is you like progressive, melodic Metal with Death & Black Metal style influences! Or check out some of our songs at MP3.com/Assisting_Sorrow I'd like to hear everyones opinions about my band!

I'm running a Laney HCM120R 212 combo through an Avatar 412 cab. It definetely cranks, but lately I've been unplugging the 212 speakers because they are way too piercing at head level! It's pretty cool that you can attach a 412 and still have the 212's going too though (3/4 stack!). A lot of combos bypass the combo speakers when a cab is hooked up. It's a great amp in it's price range, but solid state amps just don't do if for me anymore. I'm saving for a tube head, and I'd surely consider another Laney if I can find one.

As far as the Laney combo goes on it's own, the price was great for a 120 watt 212. The only thing I found in the same price range was a Crate GFX212, and I didn't need all the crappy digital effects.

The thing is loud!! Plus it has a built in noise gate, effects loop, a clean and a distortion channel - plus a "max" button for HEAVY scooped-mids distortion, and a lead boost. The only problem I've had with it, which seems to be common according to the reviews on Harmony Central, is that the reverb doesn't seem to work anymore. The thing is built like a tank otherwise though. I've heard stories of the Crate 212's rattling at high volumes, but I haven't heard anything other than sound from mine. Without the 412 hooked up, it still out-blasts our other guitarists Crate (GFX head) half stack, although that Crate flex-wave sounds pretty damn good I have to admit.

Too make a long story short....Laney's rock!

My Laney Vh100R is an all tube amp! Its loaded with 6 preamp ECC83's (12AX7) & 4 Power 5881's (6L6) tubes! A very Kick ASS tube driven amp! I've heard though that Laney makes pretty good soid state amps as well! But from what I've read & seen over the years Laney is well known for their tubes amps!