amp

daulton

Jun 25, 2007
Hey girls what do you think of the Line6 Spiderlll amp? It has over 400 artist presets. If you want to sound like Iron Maiden all you have to do is dial in the Number The Number Of The Beast setting and you got your Iron Maiden setting. You can also get other cool presets from Randy Rhoads, Jake E Lee and Metallica.

line6 does great modeling yeah - i use the pod for h/d recording. sometimes the presets are a little too smooth for me and don't cut live so i prefer to tweak em to ear as well as to the tone of stage right so they mesh.

I use guitar port, but have recently become disillusioned with Line 6.

They appear to be gimmicky, I dont think the amps are that good.
But then its usually more about personal preferance anyway.

If the dialin settings on this amp are as good as the simulations for guitarport (and why shouldnt they be) then I would see it as a good amp for a beginner.....like me.

On another note:

I'm in the market for a decent soundcard for home recording since I just blew up my second Creative X-fi and this time its put me off for good.......unless they offer me a fatality card in replacement.

Anyone here do lots of home recording? what sort of setups do you use? I intend to use guitar port and its ASIO driver to handle the input and sound.

I use guitar port, but have recently become disillusioned with Line 6.

They appear to be gimmicky, I dont think the amps are that good.
But then its usually more about personal preferance anyway.

If the dialin settings on this amp are as good as the simulations for guitarport (and why shouldnt they be) then I would see it as a good amp for a beginner.....like me.

On another note:

I'm in the market for a decent soundcard for home recording since I just blew up my second Creative X-fi and this time its put me off for good.......unless they offer me a fatality card in replacement.

Anyone here do lots of home recording? what sort of setups do you use? I intend to use guitar port and its ASIO driver to handle the input and sound.

Hobby guitarist here. I use a M-Audio Delta 66. Love it and it is only about $200. Almost zero latency and it has ASIO drivers. Use with a Pentium 4 and 2 gigs of memory. Runs flawlessly and never crashes. Need a fast cpu and tons of memory to avoid problems.

Oh, try using a BBE Sonic Maximizer 411 on the Line 6. Can find used hardware BBE's dirtcheap these days. It will make a huge improvement in the tone of the amp.

:lol: how do you blow up a sound card? and two at that?
i have an m-audio sound card that i got when my sblive started giving me latency problems - it's the audiophile 192. and yeah, just like lukes said, works great and it has both wdm and asio drivers. you should definately check em out timewarrior2001.

:lol: how do you blow up a sound card? and two at that?
i have an m-audio sound card that i got when my sblive started giving me latency problems - it's the audiophile 192. and yeah, just like lukes said, works great and it has both wdm and asio drivers. you should definately check em out timewarrior2001.

The stoopid cards just started squealing and now plays nothing but static.
I think its because they are just rubbish ............or that my guitar playing is just soooo cool and wonderfull that its deemed too good for the world and the card has denied it to the world.........ummm yeah well anyway lol.

I seriously think i've just overloaded the card in some way, theres a limit to the input they can take and at the time of the second one going bang, I was trying to record vocals and bumped the Db level to +20.....thats when it all went a bit wrong.

M-audio have come recommended to me from a few people now. So I will defo follow that up.

Thanks everyone :)