AmpliTube 3.5 Custom Shop is now available - FREE download

Feb 7, 2011
AmpliTube Custom Shop Now Shipping From IK Multimedia
A new tone shopping experience for software plug-ins

IK Multimedia is proud to announce the release of AmpliTube 3 Custom Shop, the updated 3.5 version of IK's leading amp and effects modeling software. The Custom Shop is an entirely new tone shopping experience that is like visiting a real guitar store, but one that is open 24/7 right in the comfort of your own studio. The AmpliTube Custom Shop has the widest offering of legendary, officially certified brands and a price model affordable to anyone for building your truly custom tone.

Every new user can start by downloading a FREE, fully functional version of AmpliTube 3 - both a standalone application and plug-in - with a collection of 24 gear models (9 stomp boxes, 4 amplifiers, 5 cabinets, 3 microphones, 2 rack effects and digital tuner) for recording and mixing in their favorite Mac/Win DAW, for playing on stage or practicing at home.

Then with the new Custom Shop feature - directly accessible within AmpliTube using an online connection - over 200 gear models of stomp boxes, amplifiers, cabinets, microphones and rack effects can be browsed, auditioned and purchased à la carte.

These include officially certified models from legendary guitar and bass brands such as Fender™, Ampeg®, Orange®, Soldano™, Seymour Duncan™, Groove Tubes®, Gallien-Krueger®, Jet City Amplification™, THD®, T-Rex® and many others, with more models and brands coming in the future. Each model can be tested for free (for a period of 2 days every 2 months) before purchase, just like trying out an amp in a physical guitar shop.

Gear models are sold in the Custom Shop using Gear Credits and are priced between 5 and 20 credits each. Gear Credits are sold in packs from a minimum of 20 credits to a maximum of 500 credits, with individual gear models starting as low as $3 each!

With the AmpliTube 3 Custom Shop, now everybody can build their own personal gear collection with a level of customization never seen before and at prices never so affordable.

Current AmpliTube 3 users will be able to download the new 3.5 version for free and have full access to the new Custom Shop as well as many new features: 64-bit plug-in compatibility, an improved preset browser with full graphical display of the rig, 4,000 new "patch" slots that store controller information with the presets, improved integration with IK's range of controllers (like the StealthPedal and StompIO) with full programmability directly from AmpliTube, improved MIDI control, "sequences" for organizing live playing presets and much more.

24 brand new, previously unreleased amp and effects models from Fender™, Orange®, Soldano™, T-Rex® and more are available at the opening of the Custom Shop for previous AmpliTube 3 users to expand their collections using the new à la carte purchase model.

Users of AmpliTube Fender™, Ampeg® SVX, AmpliTube Metal, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ and AmpliTube 2 Live will be able to use all of their existing gear models in the new AmpliTube 3 FREE version which includes the Custom Shop. All the user's gear is available inside the new AmpliTube 3 "shell" which allows users to take advantage of the full features of AmpliTube 3 that were not available in their packages - similar to what was previously done with AmpliTube X-GEAR - as well as access the new Custom Shop to expand their model collections. All other registered IK users will also find AmpliTube 3 FREE in their user area for immediate download.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitubefree

This was the right business move when competing against other amp sims, can't wait to download A3 and give this a shot.

One issue, though - I can't log-in to the "User Area." It asks me to type in my username/password, which I do, but then it brings me back to the home page. When I click on "User Area" again, it asks me to log-in gain.

*edit* was using the wrong password, woops. It was never made clear that I had entered the incorrect one, though - there should definitely be an error readout when that happens!

*edit 2* annnd 20 minutes later the Custom Shop browser program freezes and won't re-open. :lol:

Every new user can start by downloading a FREE, fully functional version of AmpliTube 3 - both a standalone application and plug-in - with a collection of 24 gear models (9 stomp boxes, 4 amplifiers, 5 cabinets, 3 microphones, 2 rack effects and digital tuner) for recording and mixing in their favorite Mac/Win DAW, for playing on stage or practicing at home.

Still thinking the free "Marshall" amp sounds like ass. But atleast the new version doesn't have the same problem as Amplitube 2 Duo had, where the sound changed dramatically when you changed the samplerate

I downloaded the demo along with the Soldano model and Mesa Cab model. I think it's pretty alright. Firstly, you can do no wrong with these DI's (great work!!) but seemingly at $20 for the SLO 100 model ($40 if you purchase the Mesa Cab model as well which I used on this clip), you get a pretty good tone if digitally modelled is the route you have to take. Awesome on CPU and I did next to nothing as for processing outside of Amplitube (hipass @ 60hz and a very, very slack lopass @ 11.2k). I also used the included OD sim (Diode Overdrive). All tweaking was done on headphones so I am unsure how it translates to your system. I just moved all my gear into a new room and there is mega low mid build up in here so I am having to use headphones until I can properly determine the solve(s).

I disabled the OD and cab sim and used TSE 808 and lecab with a guitarhack impulse and after I did some tweaking, the Amplitube tracks stood their ground next to the popular freeware stuff that's out there.

Granted I know $40 isn't free and you can get arguably close to genuine results from some of free ones, but the stance I take is this works on all platforms (both pc and mac), supports 64-bit operation, and amazing on resources. Very good solution for high gain from Amplitube. It's worth checking out if you are stuck in the box for guitar. Honestly, I may consider purchasing the models for tracking and just reamp through a real amp and cab later to stay with headphones for late night stuff. Plus, I have a baby coming in September so I am really looking for a good, silent alternative for tracking. To me, the small investment is well worth it with just a few minutes of messing around.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ To me, that track sounded fucking sick.

I feel like the cab/head combos are kind of pricey though. I was expecting to shell out $20 on points and be able to pick up a couple things with it... But I also see that most of the stuff I want is in the Amplitube Metal set and it's way cheaper just to buy that than all the amps and stomps seperately. I think the idea is neat though, especially if they add more stuff over time.

Biggest complaint though. Can they not have it so that when you are selecting an amp to use that it shows all the shit you don't have grayed out? I don't like scrolling through stuff I don't even want just to select something.

^^^ To me, that track sounded fucking sick.

I feel like the cab/head combos are kind of pricey though. I was expecting to shell out $20 on points and be able to pick up a couple things with it... But I also see that most of the stuff I want is in the Amplitube Metal set and it's way cheaper just to buy that than all the amps and stomps seperately. I think the idea is neat though, especially if they add more stuff over time.

Biggest complaint though. Can they not have it so that when you are selecting an amp to use that it shows all the shit you don't have grayed out? I don't like scrolling through stuff I don't even want just to select something.

Ask yourself.... $20.... for a couple of things.... is that really reasonable??? I certainly don't think so. Computer games cost more than that, and so do footjobs in a back alleyway.

Ask yourself.... $20.... for a couple of things.... is that really reasonable??? I certainly don't think so. Computer games cost more than that, and so do footjobs in a back alleyway.

I suppose your right. I was just thinking maybe an amp and a cab for 20 wouldn't be too bad, but I guess most are 25 which isn't much of a difference. Overall I like them and I'm sure the more I use some of the amps the more value I will place on them.

I don't know, perhaps I'm off kilter but some people interested in music production are in it for growing their own personal brands and making a profit. A$20-$40 investment here and there isn't a crucial amount if it is netting them some sort of capital gain in the long run. Most businesses want to make a minimum of 10x their investment and at this amount, making it back for most reasonably priced rates in a studio can be had within a day. For someone jamming in their bedroom on a computer, I could see the argument of unreasonableness and there are the other free options which are fantastic. The free ones don't have an army of programmers working towards 64-bit vst capability, multiplatform support, and updates and so on. That's why they are free, not because they aren't good and we all know they are great, just because the on going support and compatibility will be much different now and in the future. I've spent much more on software, I've been less happy with.

A lot of amps are 15 credits. Some are 10, and a number are just 5.
The Officially Certified THD BiValve model is only 10 credits, and the Tube Vintage Combo, which is based on Supro, is only 5.
These are really good deals. The Supro when paired with the right cab and pushed hard gets real dirty in a good way. It's like instant Led Zep.