Amplitube Metal is out (no joke!)

I will give it a try soon, downloading the demo now. I wasn't impressed with Revalver III at all, and I still feel that the best in-the-box tones I've achieved were with Amplitube 2, so I am optimistic about this plugin.

I will give it a try soon, downloading the demo now. I wasn't impressed with Revalver III at all, and I still feel that the best in-the-box tones I've achieved were with Amplitube 2, so I am optimistic about this plugin.

I kinda remembered you had good results with Amplitube products before, so be sure to post some samples when you get to try the Metal edition! I'm sure it has more to offer than what I got out of it, and I need evidence :)

I kinda remembered you had good results with Amplitube products before, so be sure to post some samples when you get to try the Metal edition! I'm sure it has more to offer than what I got out of it, and I need evidence :)

For a refresher on my Amplitube 2 results, see this thread:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/rate-my-mix-tone-threads/380707-finally-my-lacuna-coil-remix.html

Mind you, cheap and cheesy as it might be, I never publicly admitted that the guitar tones I got in my unfinished Lacuna Coil remix (I egotistically added my own guitar parts to the song) were 100% Amplitube 2 + my own impulses. :cool:

So, given that, I am excited about Amplitube Metal, although I feel my best tones yet have been achieved with my ENGL e530 + GuitarHack impulses.

wow i on the other hand really like it, i was expecting not much from it, the effects are nice but man i do like the 5150 model, its really good. really doesnt take much cpu/simple and easy to use, ive been wanting a really decent sound for some scratch tracks for my mobile rig, im definitely buying.

I think it's a decent sounding addition to the Amplitube line, but nowhere close to as much gain on tap as I was expecting. In real life I'd NEVER have to turn my 5150 pre gain up much past halfway.

I gave it a quick spin tonight and found all the presets (as always) to be shit. I tweaked it a little but didn't really have time to try to get anything decent out of it. I plan to dick with it some more tomarrow. Either way once it runs out on my laptop I am putting it on my desktop so I can demo this for a month.

I was guffing around with Amplitube Metal pretty much all day yesterday. Didn't think much of it.. until I turned off the cabinet modelling and routed it through this:

Photo%205.jpg

Photo%206.jpg

Then I proceeded to record it, and tweak it with some post-eq. I got a few things I posted elsewhere, but then I did this.

Clean tone: Metal Clean T - delay and phaze nine pedal.
Distorted solo lead: Metal Lead T - Delay and "phase nine" pedal.
Chords: Metal Lead T.

http://stashbox.org/114694/ilikethis.mp3

Don't know whether anyone around here is into this kinda stuff.. but to be honest.. I'm so impressed with putting ATME through my hardware amp, that I'm giving serious thought to the Stomp IO for rehearsal, gigs, and recording.

I think coupling the Amplitube range with this valve amp and cab could be amazing. Sort of an alternative to a Pod + Atomic Amplifier solution. Except, I dislike the Pods amp tones.

I'm really liking it. I like it just as much if not more then revalvermk3. What I like about amplitube is that it doesn't have that harshness revalver has. Although I do agree on it not having enough gain on tap especially on the mesa (yes I know there is also the clean one, which i'm not talking about) . But I always use a tubescreamer in front and a boost in the input anyways. The cab sims are also suprisingly pretty good although I still prefer impulses to it. Damn, now I need to get both revalvermk3 and amplitube metal.