An old fan writes...

NFL's been on Channel 5 for ages now....just happens to be at about half two in te morning or something daft :p

Go Redskins! :p

(Obvious to see I'm European, have no idea football and prefer soccer :p)

Hi man, welcome! Pretty good points.
If you care, I never lost my Anthrax track, but also started to listen to whole lot of new music after the nineties (like grunge, HC, punk, hip-hop, fusion and so on, I was a die-hard metalhead with a soft spot on Beatles before). Keep it up!

Beastly_Boy said:
NFL's been on Channel 5 for ages now....just happens to be at about half two in te morning or something daft :p

Go Redskins! :p

(Obvious to see I'm European, have no idea football and prefer soccer :p)
Obviously the reason why I've never seen it then? Just about as daft as C4 putting Rallying repeats on around 3am, but I'll stay up to watch that or at least set the video. ;)

Ulster Mosher said:
I actually used to love American Football when British TV showed it. First year I saw it was 1986 I think, and I supported the Chicago Bears, and that year they won Superbowl 20. (again, I might be wrong about the Superbowl number, but near sure it was XX) Then British TV dropped it quicker than a whore's knickers and that was that. BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!

You have excellent taste in NFL teams!

I think Anthrax only play Glasgow a lot cos they like the sandwiches in Where The Monkey Sleeps!

I know they've played the Garage very recently...that'd have been cool cos the smallest place I ever saw them was the Barrowlands (1988 with Kings X supporting!).

Ross.
x

Yo Rasskel,
I funnily enough found out about Anthrax at the same time as being a huge Nirvana fan. I knew nothing about rock music until my sister asked my mom to tape some thing on TV which was a concert of Nirvana during In Utero tour. It immediately connected with me!! I swear, I drummed on my stomach so much at the same time as watching that tape over and over again that it's hard anything got digested.
I'd lift my T-shirt up and look at my stomach after the playing and it would be bright red! At least it's better than having your fingers bleed from a guitar. I had to play on my stomach with T-Shirt or else it was too dang sore man. I eventually got a hold of more Nirvana albums and I listened to unplugged and In Utero over an over while lifting peeny weeny weights for my peeny weeny age.
Then heaven spoke, my sister's friend gave me this cassete of some band called Anthrax. I didn't know jack about 'em or what album it was, what the songs were called, what the album cover looked like. NOTHING! I'd heard they're name before though.

It was an unbelievable album for me and I just couldn't play it any louder or headbang any harder to it while jumping up and down on my severely damaged bed.
Just think of that though, a lot these days kids are looking up to and trying to like bands that are popular or who look cool. That's sad. Like I said I didn't know nothin' and I absolutely loved Stomp. Funnily enough the only song I couldn't get into was the second one. Don't laugh....

I couldn't find any of their CD's for years but only found Live:island years and was shocked by how different it was from Stomp.
I've been keeping myself pretty much updated and spending cash on their CD's ever since.

Well, thanks for joining the board bro, and feel free to express yourself not like Billy perhaps.
I was the one that complained about Scott's guitar playng and I even called him a fucking asshole at Billy Milano board but I also defended the shit out of Anthrax there.
I called him a fucking asshole because I don't know what to do anymore and am frustrated. I know Scott can do better than what he's been doing for years and I keep on hearing that he in particular is really appalling to his fans. Must I keep quiet about this. As soon as I started writing to Scott and telling him how much I care and how much the rest of us care and asking why he treats some people so badly, he stopped replying. He had no excuse obviously.
There was a guitarist who did a 20 questions for Metal-sludge who was angry at Scott. Instead of being ignorant like other people and saying the guy was just a loser, I e-mailed him and he told me of four occasions when he had met Scott and Scott was an asshole. I don't think getting your ticket signed and then thrown at you in your face is cool at all.
I for one worry about Scott and hope he's doing great. I was thinking it's a superiority complex but I 'm no professional.

So there we go, I tried to answer you on all areas and I'll just wait and see what happens for Scott in future. He really liked the suport he got from a fireman, why can't he ever reply to the support from a fan. Beats the fuck out of me. Long fucking post. Ciao

Hey Ross,

I am fairly new to Thrax and it is good to see that the old fans still love the music. If it wasn't for guys like you supporting bands from the start they would not be around now for people like me to enjoy.

The tracks are still amazing and the way the band do them live is enough to crush anybodies skull. If you haven't seen them live for a while make sure you are there for the next tour as they are one of the most fantastic bands and I have been told that they are better than they were in the 80's.

Keep it metal. :headbang:

Blackstarbaby